Which fishing rod to get???

sstewart

I am getting better with my fishing and want to get another more serious rod...but here is a condition it has to be at lest part pink - sorry its a girl thing... and i dont know which is better for just general fishing... can some one give me advice??

There is a pink fishing rod by ugly stick for $79.95

or

Shipmano Lipstick 602 or 702 for $39.95

or

Saratogo 2m Fibreglass Spinning fishing rod $30.00

I can only find ones that come apart into 2 sections

Or is it better to say get a decent black fishing rod and see if there are pink accessories to go with it???

thanks for your help:)

geez.. never had to look for a pink rod myself for some reason. ugly sticks are good rods for the price... pink accessories might be a bit hard to come across. of course you could go full custom build and get pink thread around the runners and stuff... but that would get very pricey.

sstewart wrote:

I was told by some expert not to get pink line as the fish can see it.... was he being silly and trying to trick me???? i have no idea

it depends on what fishing situation, she has pink braid therefor you need a flouro carbon leader ( trace ) which in invisible. I personally like a bright coloured line, makes it easier to see in low light

I am not worried about losing my tackle box in 5m or water...i was hoping it would float if it fell in but that wont happen...Do you know where i can get a pink one???

ok the pink line could be a go - any ideas where to get it from and what strenght to get if there is a choice - just for simple fishing....

not sure about where to get it from but try and match it to the weight of the rod you buy. if you buy a say 4kg rod, there is no point running 10kg line and so forth. generally speaking, 10-15lb line will allow you to deal with pretty much anything that comes along quite simply. as you get better, drop it down to 8lb, the 6lb etc. platypus make a pink line which would be the best of the pink lines and should be available at most tackle shops. mono is better to learn with than braid, easier to knot and a lot cheaper to buy.

this shimano cost me under 50 bucks with line it has 8lb on it my daughter loves it unfortunately she'd walked of leaving it unattended when this jumped on it got down to the very last wrap before i got it back one heck of a fight on a 5 1/2 ft rod [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/P1010180_AFO-b4bd51bb61ce8d0c92806a2a38c712ec.jpg

post-1229-144598465343_thumb.jpg

As some of the guys mentioned, the type of fishing you plan on doing is what will dictate the type of rod best suited (oh and the colour of course:P ).

Estuary Bait Fishing: Traditionally a fairly light whippy rod 6'6" - 7'6" (1.8m - 2.2m approx). Usually made of fibreglass and are fairly tuff.

Light Tackle Lure fishing: a stiffer but still light rod also 6'6" - 7'. Usually made of Graphite which can be quite brittle and damages easily.

By specifying the type of fishing you are planning on doing most frequently, it will help narrow down your search and make the decision that much easier.

Rocket

Although it may be out of your price but one of these Samurai Kits or a similar one from Mudhole could be the go. One of the rodbuilders here could put as much pink on it as you like. They are a reasonable stick and your abilities won't out grow it anytime soon.

/>http://motackle.com.au/index.cfm?pr=product&product_id=955

if you dont end up getting a pink coloured rod and get a decent graphite rod you could always get some pink tennis racket handle wraps and stick that on. ive rapped up the foregrip on 2 of my rods for more comfort and also cos i chipped some of the cork off one of them. the wraps cost about $10 and you get about 2-3 wraps so when it goes or black you can just swap one over

Angus wrote:

That Abu Garcia combo looks the goods ssterwart.

All you will need now is a Pink afo cap ;)

Angus

thanks :) and then i will stand out even more:silly: sorry but prefer a bucket hat or a wider brimmed hat. Got to protect my fair skin:lol:

In between committments today i had some spare time and when i had that spare time i happened to be going past an Anaconda shop. Oh goodo!!! a quick 15min look around turned into 45mins and i was late... didnt buy the rod yet - too many decisions.. but found the cutest purple tacklebox with lots of basic goodies inside it:laugh:

And i thought shoe shopping was fun. I think i will be back there soon when i have more time to spare. A couple of differnt brands of pink rods and all different sizes and weights and lots of fun playing with them!!:cheer:

Archived