TerryH's StCroix build

Looks good as usual lee. Is that thread striped or is that some sort of fancy weave? I like it either way.

Would the hook keeper be better around the other way so it can't pull out of the threads or dos it have a barb or something to keep it in place?

Terry

bigtez wrote:

Looks good as usual lee. Is that thread striped or is that some sort of fancy weave? I like it either way.

Would the hook keeper be better around the other way so it can't pull out of the threads or dos it have a barb or something to keep it in place?

Terry

G'day Terry

It's bound on just like the guides

Cheers,

Terry.

LOL God that's strange hey:P

The wrapping is a combination of 3 different threads, Gold, silver and black and black. We tried just solid silver and black and it turned out to be waaaay too much silver, then lee experimented and tried a black thread, then silver and black, then black, then silver and black - alternating and that nice looking pattern came out. I'm surprised how quickly we came up with that guide pattern, I had some ideas but didn't know how to throw it all together etc. I wonder how many hours this is giogn to take lee :laugh:

But its looking better than I imagined it to be too ;) Looks very good, I'm excited

Archived