New Rod

Tim a

This is pretty much like gerty's story. I broke my rod tip in Bundaberg and I'm looking for a new rod. I know most of the brands but I'm wondering if anyone has/had one and has an opinion on it.

Details:

Between $200-$300

For soft plastic working land based for Bream mainly... Flathead, whiting other localy caught bread n butter spiecies.

Brands looking at so far are loomis's, daiwa, millers(probaly no models in price range tho), Shimano. If there are others please tell me!

I'm not 100% sure which models yet. Also if anyone has seen them on special somewhere.

Thanks heaps

Tim

p.s I'm trying to get it before the comp

give Duncan at Fishhead bait and tackle at redland bay a ring last month he had some as new used egrell rods for sale . 32067999. Egrell rods are just as good as loomis

He is also having a sale with big discounts on gear at the moment i have fowarded a list to feral and he is going to list it on the brc site.

Thanks ray I'll call him tomorow. Cheers!

Cowfish I have a cheap silstar now and it was good for awhile but its deffently the cheapest graphite you can get. It was good when I 1st began but now after having using better rods for a cast or two you can really feel the difference. Silstar don't have a very good range in light spinning rods(or anything for that matter). Thanks for the help tho!

Tim

Archived