Upcoming Events: Opinions?

Angus

Hey everyone.

It was pointed out to me last night that there is no official AFO meet & greets comps etc until the Bribie Passage Expedition in August.

I have two thoughts for a couple in the interim and would welcome more.

Obviously these would need to tie in with other events BFo members are participating in like the Pine River Clean Up and the 4BC Comp. I can only be in one place at a time!

First off I was wanting to put together a Kayak meet and greet. The idea of this would be to welcome the many new Kayaking members of AFO, as well loan some spares etc to potential kayak owners. Do to the begginers nature of this event I would suggest somewhere like the Bribie passage or Baroon Pocket for their relative safety and ease. I would still love to encourage all the veteran yakkers along to this so we can compare rigs, techniques and so forth.

Second I was thinking of a fairly laid back friendly comp at North Pine. Photo entry of course with a prize tothe longest Bass of the day on a brag mat. Prize presentation and BBQ to follow.

Anyway guys and gals, thoughts and comments appreciated.

Cheers.

Angus

fishyman wrote:

sounds good gus

another crack at snapper in the salt would be good aswell

Someone asked me about doing another swap meet. For those who were not at the last one it was pretty good. Although id say we do it around the other way this time.

For example fish wello point reefs from before dawn until about 10:00am and come in for a BBQ breakfast.

Angus

Gus, both events sound great. :woohoo:

I'd be especially keen to meet up with the Yakkers and see their rigs, my spare pennies are being put aside to join their illustrious ranks. ;)

I seem to have been at a BFo event or going to one every weekend lately and I feel like a fish out of water without something to look forward to. :dry: I think I'd go to the opening of a crisp packet at the moment if it had something to do with BFo or fishing.:blink:

Rocket75 wrote:

The NPD one sounds great, plenty of parking, BBQ areas and fishable areas (if you are prepared to get a little bit wet!).

Would be a good one for bass beginners too with plenty of experienced AFOers to give advice.

Rocket

I would be keen on learnin how to bass fish 4 sure:woohoo:

Sundays are fine with me, Angus I'm keen to get involved if you need help with anything mate, as I was telling you before, my sister in law is one of the owners for FMM if I can help by asking her for prizes or exposure let me know.. other than that Im happy to help transport people or pick up meat.. what ever mate

Dec wrote:

I would be keen on all of those but could only get to the NPD one would like to get into some of the events and meet some members.

Mate there are quite a lot of northside members. If you cant make it to an event for lift reasons, you should always put it out there in case you can grab a ride. If im heading north to Bribie and you want a lift, its yours.

Angus

saltshaker wrote:

anythign in mind wear guys with boats can come...?its only mainly land based and kayak things?

Mate Wello point fish and the swap meet + breakky will be boaters for sure.

Also the Bribie passage and Pin trips will suit boaters.

Plus all with have nice prizes :)

Angus

Schultzy wrote:

Gus,

A kayak at Bribie passage sounds interesting. Haven't chased lizards for quite a few months. Some nice squire there at the moment too I hear on the fishing grape vine.

Agreed. The good thing about Bribie is the option to go offshore or stick to the passage depending on conditions. Either way I'm up for anything AFO related just so I can hang out with Benno, he's so awesome*.

Although I'm pretty much out until mid-august thanks to crazy work commitments and a few family birthdays etc.

Archived