NPD yella 7/9/08

tacklebox

Kreel and I hit up NPD today for the third time ever. We fished McGavins from about 11am til 1:30pm, throwing everything we could at them. G-vibes, slugs, spinnerbaits, plastics, you name it... all to no avail. After a couple of hours working the same point, we decided to move over to the next point closer to the wall. Kreel decides he's feeling lucky and ties on his one and only TN50 and wouldn't ya know it, pulls up a 50cm yella first cast! First fish at NPD, first yella and well and truly the best catch on a lure to date :woohoo: We hadn't planned on keeping any fish but the poor bugger had absolutely inhaled the lure.[br] [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/P1020637.jpg

post-2560-144598471698_thumb.jpg

Dino every chance I get! :cheer:

...and Jayson thanks but if truth-be-told I broke the duck on Friday. Tacklebox and I joined Benno down at the mouth of the Tweed - fishing was hard with all the rain, but I managed a 30 cm squire :cheer: , Tacklebox came home with my duck :( . I had to go over the border to finally get a legal snapper :blush: .

I just hope that I've shaken my bad run of luck and can start really enjoying my fishing again. :cheer:

kreel wrote:

Dino every chance I get! :cheer:

...and Jayson thanks but if truth-be-told I broke the duck on Friday. Tacklebox and I joined Benno down at the mouth of the Tweed - fishing was hard with all the rain, but I managed a 30 cm squire :cheer: , Tacklebox came home with my duck :( . I had to go over the border to finally get a legal snapper :blush: .

I just hope that I've shaken my bad run of luck and can start really enjoying my fishing again. :cheer:

nice one mate your on a roll then! also i thought squire was 35cm legal? just watch mate cause she's gonna realy whip your arse soon and rub it in! lol

ellicat wrote:

:woohoo: :woohoo: Good to hear kreel ! I don't suppose you mentioned the results more than once to the better half :whistle:

:laugh:

Don't forget to cut out the fat line when you prepare the yella.;)

Fat line? :blush: Please tell more! :blink:

I have tried not to mention it too much, but it is a nice fish! :cheer:

and to those that asked - it was very moist, had firm white flesh but was a little muddy.

If you don't cut out the fat line it will taste like mud. If you do it will taste like chicken.

The fat line (not yours:P ) is a creamy coloured line at the top of the fillets (just under the dorsal). It's roughly 2 - 5 mm wide and runs almost the full length. You can see it quite clearly once skinned.

Archived