Vacation with fishing spot

EMP

Hi all,

Just soliciting for advice. :)

The fam is planning for a few days to get away from the daily routine. Would anyone have any suggestion?

A place where there are houses/cabins to stay for a few nights and of course a few minutes of walking to a fishing spot would be good.

Thanks everyone. :)

EMP

ballina fits the bill nicely mate, and not as far as yamba, but yamba is a great spot, iluka is awesome also with the park and cabins right on the river, then ya got wooli and evans head also, good chance of good flattys bream etc at all these spots with all accom facilities within easy walking distance of a likely fishin spot.. i have pics of all these spots except yamba. if you want to see... pm me your email addy and ill send you some if you want...

Emp,

Freshwater spots you might want to consider.

if your up for a bit travelling, Glenlyon and Coolmunda dams have camping at the Dams with boat hire facilities.

Not quite so far away Leslie Dam has camping on the waters edge as does either Maroon or Moogerah (cant remember which!) Also of course there is Kirkleigh at Somerset Dam.

Also Imbil has camping below the dam wall, or at the Deer park a couple of kilometers down the road.(very family friendly the deer park, with fishing and swimming in the creek that runs through it). I think Imbil may have some boats for hire

There is always Monduran and Awoonga futher north, but they will be starting to get busy very soon (Barra Season!)

I've also heard a rumour that the camping ground out at Bejike Petersen dam is about to reopen (September 20), with some water actually in the dam now!

Archived