KB, u've done it again!

wiseguy

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

inkeeping with our Paduan tradtion after exam block we take the trek to the fish and chip shop, then waddle our way down to the mighty KB to see what we can catch.

so the awusm forsome,( minus George and plus testcap) headed down. following our last trip at the end of last term which turned up NOTHING we htought we were just gonna go waste our time.

but hey, thats the main reaosn we go right?

anyway, we get down there and have a gander at the water- clear, wind making it low visability though.

im gonn aland that monster catfish i tell me m8s, who all have a go at me thinking i made this baby up... they were wrong..

we r setting up our high proformance kb gear (i had forgotten my rod to a quick trip to armat had me a 4 buck spool of wilson 30 pound line)

i look to the water just in time to see the monster catty swimmign round-

FARRRRRRRRRRRK LOOK BOYS, THERE SHE BLOWS!

well now htat we all knew the legend was real, they put the challenge to me to catch it...

so i get to work burleying up (throwing in my skool sandwhiches, mum will never kno)

and i begin to try to lure in the catty of legends

im in luck, there are two of them, a smaller one and a larger one, but they were mating to weren't interested in my bait of bread and cheese.

not to worry, ill persist.

meanwhile the other boys start screaming like attractive skool girls (false advertising if u ask me) so i run back to there spot just in time to see a stonker eel, we r talking bang on 1.7 meters and about13 kgs here, WOWZERS if i wasn't already hard at work luring the catty then i would have tried for this 1, but i thought my goal was clear and return to my spot while they try, unfruitfully, to get the monster eel to bite.

back to the catties lair alittle further upstream and i manage a perfrect cast. i figure they r mating so the only way to get them to go for it is place it right in front of them.

sucess, now i pull the bait over the nest... the small 1 nuzzles it... (go away i scream in my head) then the biiger one gliddes over and sucks it down! yes, ok, dont get excited, wait for it to turn round so u can set the hook in its lip....

BANG IM ON!

after a solid run on 30pound line (lol) i have the beast, 43 cm and about 3 kg worth. after a happy snap the beast of legend is released.

feelign preety acomplished i tell the boys we can head up soon.

they r pretty bummed (especailly boofa who has the spit baout me being an arsey ba****d)

anyways, with 10 mins to go i have one last cast (throw of the line) i see a little catty and sum carp so i cast into the hwole where they were. i have the line in my hand and after a few minutes i feel sum relle small tuggs- must be a little catty with sum little headshakes. hmm, bit of weight at i strike and it pulls deepinto the weeds. i start to pull back, and its is reeeeeeeeeeeeel heavy. i fugre it sthe wight of the weeds and give a gud yank- oits 30 pound- splash the MONSTER EEL COMES TO THE SURFACE!

HOLY FLIPPY STIX ITS HUGE!

could of easilly swalled a tennis ball but it went ot me bread and cheese!

thinkin the 30 pound should hold the beasti rap it roud my hand and wait for it to tire.

had it of been a rod...ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ it takes the slack and OUCH BIATCH line sinks into my hand, then, horror... the 30pound goes PING and the beast swims away into his hole with anew pierceing...

wat a day...

we headed back after i gather sum shrimp to feed me pet turtle.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, KB, u've done it again!

-Wiseguy

Archived