Seafood recipies

flatty_catcher

Well I havn't seen a thread on the subject but I am sure there are some recipies out there that are gold.

So really I have no good fish recipies and was thinking that this thread could be a point to post up your fav fish or seafood recipe to share the love :P (as long as all is well with the mods and there isnt a better place to post this)

Anyways I will start with a seafood recipie, for mussels that can be bought quite cheaply at the markets, and ths makes a great side dish for any seafood.

oh yeah I got it off the net , but i did say I didnt have any fish recipies, I have tried it though and it is very nice (you can cut down the ingrediants to serve less people).

-------------------------------------------------------------

Steamed Garlic and Herb Mussels

2 kg medium black mussels

2 tbsp. olive oil

8 cloves garlic, crushed

4 fresh red Thai chillies, seeded and finely chopped

1 tbsp. finely grated lemon rind

1 cup lemon juice

1 cup dry white wine

½ cup fresh flat leaf parsley, finely chopped

½ cup fresh basil, finely chopped

· Scrub mussels, remove bread.

· Heat oil in large saucepan, cook garlic, chilli and rind, stirring about 2 minutes or until fragrant.

· Add mussels, juice and wine.

· Bring to a boil.

· Cook covered, about 5 minutes or until mussels open (discard any that do not open).

· Remove mussels from pan.

· Bring pan liquid to a boil, cook uncovered about 10 minutes or until mixture thickens slightly.

· Return mussels to pan, simmer, stirring until heated through.

· Serves 6.

steam fish . dont know the full details

steam fish however you normally do it.

when fish is just about ready in a seperate pan/wok add approx 100ml (depending on size of fish) oil (can be any type of oil - olive, sunflower etc)

wait till oil is smoking hot (needs to be very very very hot) add some freshly ground black peppercorn and some rock salt only needs to be done very lightly - you dont want to burn the pepper

pull fish out of steamer and put on serving plate, immediatly add the oil,pepper and salt over the entire fish (if its done correctly it will slightly crisp up the skin of the fish)

add shallots, ginger, chilli, soy and corriander to your liking and serve ASAP

this is good with fish like coral trout, parrot, bream, snapper, cod, red emperor, pigfish, maori cod. havent tried it on any other species but sure it would taste nice as well. this is actually one of my dads recipies

• 7 months later...

jeff f wrote:

guys there is a recipee section under the community heading in the blue bar at the top of the page

Can't see it, mate!

Want to introduce Carol, who is not a lover of fish, to pan fried snapper. Need an easy tasty dish......

This is what I'm probably gonna do;
/>http://www.thebiggestloser.com.au/recipes-seared-snapper-with-spinach-fennel-and-grapefruit-salad%20.htm

been experimenting with threadfin fillets and the best ive done so far is to rub salt and pepper into both sides of the fillets, sprinkle with paprika and dill, very lightly dust in flour then shallow fry in olive oil

after a few minutes add a clove of garlic and some butter

Archived