Leader Choices

Smiderman

I rekon if you're gonna go for some lighter stuff (like around 4-8lb leader), get some yamatoyo. I've never had a problem with it in any way:)

For the heavier ones (10-20lb leader), go for Sunline Siglon FC or Sunline RockFC

wolfr wrote:

Hi... I just bought some of the Platil Millennium from BCF on special at $19.95 for 120M, in yellow and smoke color. I've never used it before but am keen to give it a go at that price, normally priced around $25.

Cheers, Rob.

That's braid tho isn't it?

Smiderman wrote:

Schmuck wrote:
planetfonz wrote:
rockFC for lighter stuff and jinkai for the heavies has seen me thru some tough times recently

I've just recently started using the RockFC/Jinkai stuff and it's great! Definitely worth the extra few dollars.

what differentiates it from the others ?????

to be honest dude i have absolutely no idea ... these are the first proper leaders i've used so have stuck with them ... i've gone on 3 whitsunday trips the last year where i've spent a week each time dragging lures around with no bad luck so far (only 1 lost sx40 and 1 sprog).. for my lighter stuff the 10lb rockFC has withstood lotsa reef rubbing and has let me get my lure back...also use the rockfc on all my lighter fleshbait fishing now.. and the jinkai has lasted way longer then i expected .. in fact one 2metre 60lb leader lasted 2 trips and caught trolled fish both times.. also had 60lb leader on my 20lb spinning rod, which 4 of us used to catch tuna, same lure, same line, only re-tied once due to cheap ebay braid mishap... so if they continue to last with me treating it not very nicely, i'll be using it for the long run

Feral: KOKODA? I used that in 15lbs for all the snapper and offhsore trips on the lighter stuff. Went pretty well I thought

Just make sure that BLACK MAGIC is the FLURO and not the "SUPPLE" stuff. the SUPPLE is really MONO.

Matty Mott showed us just how abrasion resistant that mono isn't compared to fluro. 50lbs Fluro leader took a lot more abuse than the 90lbs mono.

Archived