Beaut days at NPD

Dinodadog

The last few trips to NPD have turned out to be beautiful mornings, crisp to start but not long before the coats are off. Of course this is comfortable for us but not that good for the fishing. With hardly any breeze on the water and the sun overhead the fish can only hide in the deeper water, where we can't cast to. The clouds overhead and a slight ripple on the water is best for casting from the bank.

Anyway covered several hundreds of meters of the bank at Forgans and then the same at Bullocky for a few stray fish. I managed 5 nice bass and the mate 2 bass. Best for the morning was a 51cm model. All fish on vortex s/baits, purple nightmare and boney brim.

Fish while you can

Dinodadog

51cm 1st up [img size=448]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/lll_001.JPG

post-1453-144598458635_thumb.jpg

have you eaten bass from NPD dino? do they have a muddy taste? we where talkin about this at the kayak camp and was told (and proven) bass from there taste great but bass from maroon have a muddy taste to them so was wondering about NPD.

Feral you can try just about anywhere at the moment, there are fish cruising the edge of the grass.

Mozza mate with a line in the water you have a chance of a fish

Kriso I take one home now and then and they taste great. I clean,fillet,sprinkle with salt and leave in fridge for 48hrs, sometimes i add a little smoky bbq sauce as well. If cleaned well and any noticeable fat removed they should be ok.

Brisfisher that happens often

Dec I always start with purple nightmare but my fav is purple glimmer, boney seems to work well after the sun comes up

I went to Forgans this morning . I didnt arrive till around 10.30 and fished till 12. 30. Had 2 massive hits and had one on for about 20 seconds and lost it in the grass. The first one I missed as it nearly ripped the rod out of my hands.

Reckon I was there too late.

Cheers

Ray

Archived