WHATS YOUR WORST BEER?

bogan

Once again,

I wish there was a vote function like whirlpool.net.au

But, whats your worst beer?

Mine:

Stella Artois (most people rate this as a high level, Premium lager Belgium beer, 330ml, 5.2% It has a barcode starting with 93*etc, which means they are actually brewed/bottled/product of australia.... just made under a belgium license,

I would buy a VB/Tooheys new over this crap beer.

WHATS YOUR WORST BEER?

Venereal Backwash has got to be up there with the worst

southwark as feral said baaaad shit

west end also from sa and putrid

KB the only beer you need toothpicks with

anything with powers on it is toxic waste

but for aussie made brisbane bitter has to win the all time worst title

most imported largers taste like crap especially the russian stuff baltika

the best premium i've had for a while is wahoo premium ale from the gage roads brewery (WA)

rayke1938 wrote:

The green stuff from the drip tray at Victoria hotel in Goondiwindi at 5am sick parade on Sunday Morning in the 1960`s.

Publican refused to serve us and said if you really want a drink drink this.

Made me quite ill.

Cheers

Ray

Hahaha, reminds me of a few nights I've had in the Vic at Gundi there Ray!

As for worst beer, um, I didn't think there was such a thing??? I thought all beer was good!

I wonder - do you young blokes know that 20 -30 years ago, if you wanted a different brand of beer you had to change pubs? Did you know you could have any beer you liked in a glass as long as it was draught? If you wanted bitter you got a bottle! If you wanted anything else you were dreamin!

Feral wrote:

I wonder - do you young blokes know that 20 -30 years ago, if you wanted a different brand of beer you had to change pubs? Did you know you could have any beer you liked in a glass as long as it was draught? If you wanted bitter you got a bottle! If you wanted anything else you were dreamin!

Some whole towns used to be one brand. Longreach was macs and there was something like 12 pubs in town. Cost one shilling for small beer. If you didnt like macs ( never met anyone apart from shearers who did ) you had to buy a tallie of vb or bulimba for 6 shillings.

Also if you wanted a clean glass with a new beer you copped the comment " Are you a pansy or something ".

Cheers

Ray.

Yeah, my first construction job was at Biloela, 2 pubs in town, both carlton, had to drive to Thangool to get a beer! Main Roads end up turning a blind eye to the foreman doing a beer run friday afternoon so there was something to drink when the boys got back to camp. (real men did not drink carlton, that was for pansies) That was coz we were to many blokes having accidents coming home from the Thangool pub a bit under the weather after closing time. (Oh yeah pubs used to shut at 10pm as well!)

Archived