BRC fishing locations

Feral

Been noticing that some people are struggling finding 'legal' fishing spots along the river. So I thought a thread listing such spots might be a good idea. I also realise mine will probably remain the only location listed until after 4:00pm tomorrow! But with so many people fishing the river for the comp, it is an ideal time to get a list going.

This is where I fished tonight, Alex scored a 'stonker' Pike eel on a livie, we got a few undersize bream and another eel (3 foot) on frozen prawns in 2 hours fishing.

Location Mowbray Park, South side

UBD Map 23 L9

Foreshore with concrete path and Pontoon (NOT the city cat one, there is another pontoon about 150m further east.)

There is 25 to 30 foot of water off the pontoon.

Well protected from southerlies, good protection easterlies and westerlies, still usable in a stiff northerly (as per tonight!)

There are no signs prohibiting fishing from this pontoon

Vehicles parked at the eastern end of the "park and ride" for the city cat are both visible, and in easy walking distance for carrying your gear.

There are BBQ's, toilets and kids swings.

It is NOT suitable for handicapped fishers (no wheel chair access, the bank is steep.)

[img size=499]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/mowbray_park_small.jpg

post-134-144598403216_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...

ehh may aswell share it seeing as its fished out anyway.

The rockwall between between bretts warf and camerons rocks, towards camerons rocks is better. Lots of bream, cod and the occasional flattie. Beware, don't fish the partyboats inbetween as there is a crazy old man who will chase you away.

Archived