brian

Pat

Ha some real fish you mean? ;)

I have the feeling Angus is trying to raise the profile of catfish in brissy river. :)

When you think about it the catfish numbers are like what the bream numbers used to be like. Ray can tell stories about catching bags full of bream. :ohmy:

I wonder what would happen if we took numbers of catfish out? Would a different species evolve with strength? Are the catfish taking the babies of other native species? :(

Interesting. :S

Brian, not just Ray, I can remember getting 30 or 40 off the sunken wall just west of the luggage point outlet when I was a teenager (yeah, I suuppose that is still 25 - 30 years ago, just seems like yesterday!)I also remember getting 4 foot catfish off the sewage outlet itself!

Brian D wrote:

I wonder what would happen if we took numbers of catfish out? Would a different species evolve with strength? Are the catfish taking the babies of other native species? :(

Interesting. :S

Think of it this way, when we overfished a good fish( bream), a pretty bad fish took over (catfish). If we overfished the Catfish, something like Pike Eels might take over:angry: . So I say that we should just leave the Catfish there.

Archived