Catfish??

Gerty_92

Mate I believe that the Big W catties absolutely love em. The bass fishos all move on during the warmer months as all they can catch is catfish! It's been a long time since I've fished it and I'm planning on towing the canoe up there in the near future. I'm sick of not catching sharks:unsure:

mate do you mean \"Blue Catfish\"? These are the type that were weighed in at BRC06. (thats my guess anyway, without a decent profile shot to study) If you do its the same type that plague Wivenhoe and can be caught along the entire length of the Brisbane River.

I have never caught one on a lure, but I am keen to add one to my record list.

Oh, and I think they are highly underated as a sportfish. We used to go to Big W and target the big ones with 4 pound line (using bait) and had an absolute blast.

as werewolf says they are a pain in the arse at wivenhoe whilst they are good sport it makes you cry when you bring up a big one to the boat on 6 lb braid and they bust you off and bang there goes another jackall. You dont mind losing a jackall to a good bass but to a catty its a different story.

ray

yer man.

First time i went fishing with Jimmybob was also my first Hardbody experience. I landed four stonker catties. Loads of fun on light gear and a great way to get some confidence up with a new technique. I have not seen them take lures in the lower reaches however?? But im sure they would. Maybe with something that rattles as the water is murky.

Angus

Archived