[RESOLVED] Increase the Log out period

Terry H

Webmaster,

I believe the period in which it takes for the site to log you out needs to be greatly increased, as after a short period of time I'm logged out. So much so that if I spent a little time writing a post, get a drink, and come back I'm already logged out and have lost all contents that were to be posted. This is because I hit the post button, and then receive the 'public write access has been disabled' message.

My idea is that of 1) longer log out periods, or 2) an option for the site to 'remember my connection' so I don't have to log in;) - like most forums I read.

Cheers,

Terry.

Terry,

Yep, i can see how that was a problem. i have increased the 'session' period from 15 minutes to 1 hour now.

And you should now see a remember me option underneath the login boxes. Note: this will have to be checked again if you clear your cookies on your computer.

Post edited by: webmaster, at: 2006/06/13 21:17

yup i agree with terry, good work angus for fixing it up... i did a massive report on kt salmon on a friday nite awhile bak and after typing it cliked submit and by the time id finished it signed me out... all was gone wen i cliked bak... so now what i do is highlight the whole passage ive written and press ctrl+c on my keyboard at the same time to copy it... just incase the net buggers up or im signed out i can sign bak in and pres ctrl+v at the same time and it pastes it

troy

yep i do that as well. best to be on the safe side. the site however now has a longer period before you are logged out and also if your session has expired from taking ages to write a story, then when you click save it should actually save it before logging you out. but i wouldnt risk it, also click ctrl+c just in case :)

Archived