fishing magazines

James W

hey dudes! i collect many different fishing mags..but my favourite si SALTWATER FISHING.. does anyone else buy this particular mag?....im relly keen to get hold on to all the previous volumes....i mite have some other fishing mags i can swap....so if ya keen to do a swap, let me know what volumes you have...cheers

I got my sons subscriptions -

Alex Bush n Beach

Calum Fishing monthly

Will keep Alex's Bush n Beach going next year, they are pretty good, and when he has sent in his photo's they normally publish them.

Fishing monthly will probably get the flick, Calum has sent his photo's in a couple of times, but never had them published, even though they have emailed him back saying they would. I'll try to find another a little more friendly to kids for him! Maybe I'll have a look at this saltwater fishing your talking about.

I won a 12 month subscription to Fishing World after sending in a photo to some tv show. I think it was ET. I got 3rd place by the way:).

Any way my brother still gets fishing world every month and I reed them after he's done with them. Fishing World is definately my favorite and they have a kids section where they publish 6 photos of kids with their best catches. These kids win a few prizes so its a pretty good magazine.

yer i read modern fishing more than fishing world....but both are good...i also search out old fishing books (not magazines) while in old book stores and antique stores.....some of the pics in these old books are amazing....but sad too as there are pics of boats filled to the top with fish..

I subscribe to Modern Fishing, Fishing World, Trailer Fisherman and Boating (F&B ) and Club Marine. I also buy all the others when I get time to go to a newsagency.

My absolute favourite is the Trailer F&B. Have a look at their website - \"seamedia.com.au\" - this Webster guy is the best, most unbiased editor I have every come accross. It is the only mag I read from front to back. And he supports the Fishing Party. there is less bullsh/t then the other mages so it is not as thick,therfore it doesn't look like value for money - but it is great reading.

Then I used to like Modern Fishing but they changed the format - now I like Fishing World better.

I find the news paper versions a little hard to read and store so I don't subscribe. And the quartly mags dn't have much benifit to subscribe so I just buy em.

Here's my favourite book shelf

Post edited by: Brian D, at: 2006/12/18 05:08 [img size=280]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/mags2.jpg

Post edited by: Brian D, at: 2006/12/18 05:31

jimmybob wrote:

hey dudes! i collect many different fishing mags..but my favourite si SALTWATER FISHING.. does anyone else buy this particular mag?....im relly keen to get hold on to all the previous volumes....i mite have some other fishing mags i can swap....so if ya keen to do a swap, let me know what volumes you have...cheers

Hey Jimmy - it was such a cool topic we sorta forgot the message and got carried away with the mags.

Anyway I had a quick look and I have the following:

Issue 41 Summer 2005

Issue 40 Saltwater Fishing 10th Birthday

Issue 39 Winter 2005

Issue 38 Autumn 2005

Issue 37 Summer 2004

Issue 36 Summer 2004

then

Saltwater Sport Fishing

Issue 29 Autumn

Issue 31 Spring

Any of these any good for you?