fishing mud island

rexy

Mate - I am with you - I haven't had a keeper from mud in a year. Further, I often get to the ramp at 3am and ften boats are on their way back, who have been fishing all night. Not one has reported a good catch to me from Mud and I say I have spoken to about 10 boats.

But people talk about Snapper on plastics at Mud is the best and photos support what they say.

This time last year Couchie was gong off with plate size squire - both my wife and I bagged out with limit - but that was on pilly's.

If was I heading to mud this time of year I would be trolling, spinning and float lining for mack's and tuna.

Post edited by: Brian D, at: 2006/12/21 04:58

its unreal when you go to mud its like a different planet the area looks to me . that you would have to hide behind your seat to bait your hook because theres so many fish

just disappointing after so many trips over there not to even get one weigher

thats using squid and pillies... like i would eat that bait myself

tip worth trying- if ya find a nice pacth on ya sounder, go wide and drift past the spot keepiong quiet as possible...the bigger fish there are real spooky of noise....and if possible turn ya sounder off when drifting over that spot ya found in the first place...and turtles=snapper!;) (i dont mean as bait;):P )

Archived