Baroon Pocket Dam 30th December

Angus

This is an invitation to anyone with a Kayak, Canoe or boat with Electric motor.

Myself and James will be fishing Baroon Pocket Dam on the 30th of December from about dawn till dusk :P

If your interested remember that the Montville boat ramp is better for a dawn launch as its open earlier.

Hopefully this rain will have turned it on up there!!

Regards

Angus

Well looks like there is going to be a few of us up there.

Probables

JimmyBob

Ash

Angus

Feral

Ray

Troy

Possibles

Ferg

Aaron H

Timbo

Ray is mid boat changeover, so I will be taking the Silver bullet, with Ray as deckie for a change, have not caught up with Ferg yet. Dunno how back together she will be, but the \"silver bullet\" will be there!

Whats say we make it a bit of a meet and greet as well with a BBQ lunch? I've got a swag of soft drink left over from christmas, so I can bring a mixed carton, and a couple of packets of Rays home made chilli snags! (not allowed to eat them at home - got a little bit of garlic in them!). I know the yakkers will probably launch from near the wall, but the picnic and BBQ area at the southern end is better, but I figure unless the bass are in the open dam, you will be closer to the southern end whilst fishing.

So what does everyone think, a bit of an unofficial BBQ? and if so which BBQ area?

Dont forget to wear your BRC shirts!

Post edited by: Feral, at: 2006/12/28 20:18

Yeah well if we decide on the BBQ area away from where you launch, I'll make sure I have enough snags and bread to feed you all, and have an esky in the boat with space for anything you want to stash (will suppliment Rays home made ones with some Coles specials!)

Post edited by: Feral, at: 2006/12/28 20:22

THanks Arron - I'll take you up on that.

I put my electric motor on the cruise craft this morning and it looks good. I used the boarding ladder as a bracket and it should work. But I don't know if the 54lb motor is big enough for a primary donk. I am considering taking a gamble and heading up there for a test run. It's just a long way to go for a test run.

Brian,

I think You will have to pull off your petrol motor (check with Ray). Ray may also be able to lend you a deep cycle battery - also check with Ray, but it has been a while since he used the boat, so the batteries might be to low to charge up in time for tomorrow. I would not attempt it on your normal marine battery, you will get 30 minutes tops out of it, and possibly kill it.

If your electric will take salt water, just drop her in your local boat ramp, and see how fast she goes across stream (got a GPS? that should give you speed if your sounder does not. If no room for cross stream, go each way with tide and average speed.

- if she does 3 or 4 km'h you should be ok.

I am test running mine as well, or I would have offered you a spot straight up (she seats 5), but it is quite possible we may find an issue that limits our fishing. Which would make it a long way to come for you if you dont get a decent amount of fishing time.

But if you take yours up and she dont go real well, you are welcome to moore, and hop in with us, providing we are not also moored up with teething problems!

If you want to leave yours at home and take the risk on the amount of fishing you will get in my boat, you are also welcome.

Worst case scenario - there is plenty of room along the bank at the picnic grounds for us all to fish along! (Bankfishing not allowed elsewhere.)

Hey feral

As to taking the Yammy off - no friggin way.:pinch:

It's a good idea about the test in the local but I am stuck at work on my friggin desk. Can you test it for me?;)

Mate I am thinking about the land fishing but watercraft is better. I'd love to be a guinnie pig and hop a ride. I can swim if something goes wrong.:P That's all part of the fun.

I 'll see what I can sort out later today, but as it's my birthday, the missus might have some plans for me.

mate, do you guys want me to bring anything along for tomorrow?

Man am i looking forward to it!

I got some of those tassies that seem to be working well, as well as a some others. Hope you dont mind james, but i will probably be in your ear the whole day trying to get hints and tips!

If you want to start before 7am you will have to launch from the montville end as there are gates on the maleny end and they dont officially open till 7am. Also a couple of different rules up there. Max of 10 boats at any one time ( if you cant see them you cant count them so thats is what you say). costs $5 per boat fee to stocking group, Batteries have to be sealed type, ( i have never been checked, feral has been asked but not checked, no lead sinkers. ( mine just look like lead but if asked the answer is no you use old steel nuts.)

See you up there.

Ray

Cool can I throw him in the water?

:evil:

12.00pm BBQ too late for me - and I say the Yak guys would say the same - They will be going at it since early and ready to eat the bass raw if they don't get feed sooner. I say 11.00am ar we do Breaky BBQ at 10am.

What about shrimp? I have some red claw pots - are they any good?

I got a couple of fresh lures for my birthday so I'll be giving them a try.

Post edited by: Brian D, at: 2006/12/29 14:06

Feral wrote:

TerryH wrote:
Looks like I'll be going.

er no 12 foot bitey's in Baroon Terry! :P

Reckon you can fish with something lighter than 100lb breaking strain :whistle:

Yeah mate, got my 60lb setup! She's all good to go. Seriously, my shark rods are itchin' to go, but no one could make it. Baroon it is

Righto BBQ at 11:00 at Montville picnic area. I have got a swag of snags and soft drink, anyone else able to bring a loaf of bread & butter for sausage sizzles? I can try ansd remember to pick some up as I go through landsborough, but with my memory we maybe just gunna eat them off a fork!

Post edited by: Feral, at: 2006/12/29 17:16

I've planned on bringing about 14 or 15 plain snags, and about 10 of Rays home made Chilli ones. (They are fat like the old beef snags, so pretty filling). One loaf should be fine - roughly 26 slices in a loaf.

Soft drink supplies might be a little less than I thought - jeez kids can drink the stuff when your not watching them! Should still be able to scrap up enough for at least one can each though! I'll try and bring 16 cans. (In addition to my fishing supply of course!)

Ok this is the current list as I see it, any changes anybody?

JimmyBob

Ash

Angus

Feral

Ray

John Ford

Troy

Terry

Ferg

Brian

2 electric boats, the rest Yaks, is that correct?

Post edited by: Feral, at: 2006/12/29 17:53

Had all the gear stacked in the driveway ready to go, just hooked MY car up to the trailer, lift boot to start loading....

Out comes the missus, she is going to her friends house for a few hours (yeah like home midnight if I am lucky) and she wants to take MY car because it is to hard with the manual, might get caught in traffic! Also dont want that dirty motor and spare tyre in the boot, might want to bring something home.

So mumble grumble mumble, put all gear back in shed, unhitch car, set alarm for a half hour earlier so I can get up and do it all over again!

For sure I will forget something now!

Post edited by: Feral, at: 2006/12/29 19:16

Archived