AFO Bass'in Social - 28th Feb - 1st March

Angus

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TerryH wrote:

Gazza, last time we were there, you were not permitted on the water after dark.

Correct no fishing after dark.

Not out rules, but the councils.

There has never been red claw stocked in the dam. Whether they are there by accident or not? I have no idea. I have never seen any.

Angus

happywally wrote:

hey guys im pretty interested in this but ive got a few questions...

1. If coming for saturday only what is the cost? is it still full cost?

2. Is anyone looking for a deckie? cause im a noob and i would love to be guided by someone more senior as well as picking up experience...

cheers

wally

Ill clarify these questions for everyone.

Anyone is welcome to come along on Saturday for the social aspect of the camp. To do this will just be $10 for the BBQ.

However, only those fishing the full camp and thus paying the full ammount are:

* Eligible for prizes.

* Can use the live shrimp (these are bloody expensive).

* And have dibs on a sports tuition canoe or boat.

If these things were to be included it would just be a standard Sports Tuition full day charter which costs $110 bucks. Might as well pay the extra $70 and come for the weekend :)

Happywally: I would strongly encourage you to come for the whole time. These events are always a lot of fun and everyone going is friendly and helpful.

Cheers.

Angus

yeah count me in, my names kurt stoddart im pretty new to this, also can you put my friends name down too its chris smith and well both do the saturday and sunday.

also are you aloud to use petrol powered engines in hinze because ive heard that youre only aloud electric motors at the dam seeaming as its gold coast drinking water supply. correct me if im wrong

thanks

Welcome to site Kurt.

it is electric only no petrol motors allowed on boats.If you cannot remove your motor put your name down for a sports tuition boat or canoe or borrow a yak. A couple of people have offered use of yaks.

Actually if you are only a newbie to fresh water or hinze it is good to be on one of the sports tuition craft as Steve really looks after you . Either way I am positive you will enjoy it.

Cheers

Ray

Guys I will have the revised and nearly final list up tonight with boat allocations.

The deadline for regisration will be Wednesday the 25th Feb.

we still have a few tinny's and one canoe (all with electrics) available for anyone who wants to join up late.

Cheers.

Angus

Brian D wrote:

Man I hope the rain stops soon or fishing will be tough. :ohmy:

Bugger I might have to pack an extra carton!:laugh: :woohoo:

No one has asked for a yak yet so at this stage I am not packing one, sing out if you need me to stick one in the cannonball otherwise I'll leave them at home.

mate if the fish dont want to plkay we can raft up and have a party in the middle of the dam

these are the directions that steve wilkes sent me via email after i booked the charter through him. (i dont know if this is to the right campsite but im guessing it is)

Directions

From Brisbane you are looking at around 1 hr 15min for the trip.

From Brisbane, heading down the M1, take exit 69 which is Nerang North / Surfers Paradise. Down the off ramp turn right at the lights onto Price Street. Do not veer off this road...it leads into Nerang Murwillumbah Rd. You basically follow that road for around 20 minutes. You will cross a large bridge (Pine Creek Bridge). Take a hard left after the bridge and the campsite is on the hill.

kstod wrote:

these are the directions that steve wilkes sent me via email after i booked the charter through him. (i dont know if this is to the right campsite but im guessing it is)

Directions

From Brisbane you are looking at around 1 hr 15min for the trip.

From Brisbane, heading down the M1, take exit 69 which is Nerang North / Surfers Paradise. Down the off ramp turn right at the lights onto Price Street. Do not veer off this road...it leads into Nerang Murwillumbah Rd. You basically follow that road for around 20 minutes. You will cross a large bridge (Pine Creek Bridge). Take a hard left after the bridge and the campsite is on the hill.

Kurt you are spot on.

Perfect directions mate.

Angus

With the water levels being so high can we launch from the camp or do we need to launch from the west ramp?

Have the bass started returning to the back water yet or are they schooling further down the dam towards the wall?

Has the rain slowed things down and spread out the schools?

Any word on Toga?

Brian D wrote:

With the water levels being so high can we launch from the camp or do we need to launch from the west ramp?

Have the bass started returning to the back water yet or are they schooling further down the dam towards the wall?

Any word on Toga?

You're takinhg the fun out of it Brian:P Someone's getting a bit excited lol :whistle: :aussie:

Brian D wrote:

Any word on Toga?

After meeting at the campsite we are getting the brief and then launching at the Scout Camp site. Same place we held the Kayak Camp and just around the corner from our camp site. So no big drive. This location will also allow us to lock the gates and have good security for our cars :)

As for news on the fish, the bass are biting. Steve had a trip recently where 4 toga were caught which is a record! So hopefully its all good :)

Angus

Malcolm wrote:

I didn't think Hinze was a SIP dam and I also think the permit is included in our weekend package.I'm sure someone will comfirm this

The fishing permit is included yes if you are competing for the whole weekend.

There are a couple ofd day trippers that will need to get one though.

Cheers.

Angus

P.S. Full list of participants and boat allocation will be made at 6:00pm tonight (deadline for registration).

Cheers.

Archived