AFO Fishing Events 2009

Angus

Hey guys.

I have dated some of the upcoming events in the AFO calendar for 2009. These will be added to the official calendar ASAP but I wanted to get these listed for those that want to plan their schedule etc :)

With a couple of very good sponsors on the near horizon prize pools should be greatly increased for each and every event this year as well!

AFO Events:

Bass Social: 28th Feb - 1st March.

State Of Origin Competition - 22nd - 24th May.

Moreton Bay Classic - 6th June.

Winter Camp 2009 - 3rd July - 5th July.

Land Based North Pine Comp - 1st August.

Flathead Classic - 5th September.

Mangrove Jack Comp - 12th December.

Brisbane River Classic 2009 - 21st-22nd November

Event which dates are TBA:

Kayak Camp 2009.

Lake Kurwongbah Tilapia Cull 2009.

Somerset Dam Bass Social.

Further details for these events will be available closer to the date. I just wanted to get the dates out there.

Cheers.

Angus

jeff f wrote:

SSWWEEeeeEETTT

Glad you think so :)

Which events in particular tweak your interest mate?

I reckon the Moreton Bay one will be great.

The Coomera River Jack one I dont expect the numbers to be huge, but I plan on arranging high quality prizes to match the target.

Winter camp as always I expect will be great.

The NP comp is really an expansion of the Yellow Belly comp. It will include bass this time and be lure only.

Cheers.

Angus

mate i like them all

the winter camp is a 2 nighter again that was the best last year

my only other thoughts are that the flatty classic is too early in the month

with the amount of reports comming out of the coomera this largely overlooked waterway

might get a bit of action from afo members this year, i think the jack comp is a good idea

Malcolm wrote:

Is the Bream and Snapper comp going to be the bay and not the river this year or based at the river and go where you want.

Just curious because I thought it was a good event last year

As we have the BRC anyway I was thinking the bay option would be good for a change. WE dont afterall have any events in the bay at present so I wanted to have at least one. I think id draw to latitude marks as the boudary and no going across the bar and aside from that anywhere goes.

Thoughts?

Angus

River will still be an option yes for sure.

Oh and I have just edited the original post, we are also teeing up a "State Of Origin" comp with the North Coast Fishing boys.

As a halfway point I am planning to run this out of the Brunswick River. There is good camping, cabins and rooms at the pub. I think 2 days fishing with a session at the Brunswick Hotel in the evening would be sweet. Just confirming a time with Maxi for this.

Angus

bigtez wrote:

Is there any chance the flathead classic will be based on the northside? Maybe the pine or the passage?

Well we usually do the Pin.

However I was planning an additonal event (maybe) in the Passage again. The best and easiest target species for this location is deff flatties.

Maybe we do the pin early sept and the passage late?

Angus

State of Origin Eh?

Sounds noice!

I can only commit to things I can get to during the day, but will try and get to things I can!

The Kilcoy blokes run a couple of Saltwater Comps, usually from Donybrook in may and june, maybe I could tee up a friendly with them if anyone is interested! Usually half dayers starting at dawn.

Feral wrote:

State of Origin Eh?

Sounds noice!

I can only commit to things I can get to during the day, but will try and get to things I can!

The Kilcoy blokes run a couple of Saltwater Comps, usually from Donybrook in may and june, maybe I could tee up a friendly with them if anyone is interested! Usually half dayers starting at dawn.

Fair enough Feral. I thought youd hate to miss the State Of Origin one though :P

I have updated the list as the BRC has been dated.

Cheers.

Angus

justham wrote:

I'm only new to he site but I will be trying to get to some of these events!

Really interested in the north pine one, Have got some really big bass there before.

Interested in some of the salt water stuff as well.

Just have to hope like hell my work roster works for me!

Welcome to the site mate. Hopefully with that number of events and some socials to come youll be able to make some :)

Cheers.

Angus

justham wrote:

Will have to get the calendar out and see when I will be here.

Also annoyed with myself that I can't attend the comp this weekend! would have loved to fish it.

Mate there will be 2 more (at least depending on demand) events like this at Hinze over the year so dont worry to much :)

Angus

Angus wrote:

jeff f wrote:
where would be base for this be ?? wello

or fishermans island?

Wello or Manly I was thinking? Wello is well set up for a good crowd both parking and park area wise??

Angus

fishermans island gives those with smaller boats access to the river and port walls while still giving access to the bay for the larger vessels

jeff f wrote:

Angus wrote:
jeff f wrote:

or fishermans island?

Wello or Manly I was thinking? Wello is well set up for a good crowd both parking and park area wise??

Angus

fishermans island gives those with smaller boats access to the river and port walls while still giving access to the bay for the larger vessels

I have not been there for a long time. Is there facilities and an area where we could meet and present prizes afterwards etc?

Angus

jeff f wrote:

or fishermans island?

Wello's too shallow for bigger boats especially @ low tide :(

Looking forward to the state of origin I was born in Woolongong but live in Qld now hmm who's side do I take :woohoo:

Angus there's no time restraints on the snapper bay one is there ??

ie: overnight fishing is allowed :)

Cheers Gaz

Tassy wrote:

Im new to the site. Although not able to get to the Hinze this weekend very interested in the future. What is the access like? Im a kayak fisherman but only have a sedan.

Gday Tassy and welcome to the site. Hinze has good access for all sorts of vehicles depending slightly on the weather.

Cheers.

Angus

Angus wrote:

River will still be an option yes for sure.

Oh and I have just edited the original post, we are also teeing up a "State Of Origin" comp with the North Coast Fishing boys.

As a halfway point I am planning to run this out of the Brunswick River. There is good camping, cabins and rooms at the pub. I think 2 days fishing with a session at the Brunswick Hotel in the evening would be sweet. Just confirming a time with Maxi for this.

Angus

One of my dreams this year is to squeeze in more 3 day weekenders with the boys. So Yeah I am keen. I will need dates to be able to confirm things but if I'm not committed elsewhere I am in on this one. Great idea.

Archived