Oil in Bris River Now

thisisthelastusernameleft@hotmail.com wrote:

Hiya,

I want to go fishing tonight and we have access to a boat or just jetty fishing. Can you give me some tips on where the best place to go is to ultimately catch fish but to avoid the oil spills.

Cheers :)

As this has just happened I dont think anyone could give an accurate answer to that. Have a read of the news article and see what you can decipher.

Anywhere a bit further up river though would be better I would imagine though.

Angus

bloody hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! when will the epa get some balls and take on the industry which is destroying our waters instead of punishing fishermen!!!!! and taking away fishing grounds!!!!!!!!!! i dont like how 5 ton of oil is now 100 000 litres !!!! what a start to the easter holidays , with moreton closed beach side and all them turtles affected on the sunshine coast... port authority should be punished and have their ability to rule our waterways taken away!!!!!like good idea lets put the ship in moreton bay , then move it in the river for more spills to happen!!!!!! sorry just a lil peved ....

No need to apologise wesfish I think everyone here is a bit pissed by the whole affect. I like Feral's comments in another post about testing some of the local politicians regarding what they are doing about it. Its easy to say a lot when your on your high horse and condemn the obviouis (fishermen) but they dont plan on having something very nasty of real like this fall in their lap do they.

Angus

thisisthelastusernameleft@hotmail.com wrote:

I decipher that yes it's an oil spill, i also decipher that this is a fishing website and I'm asking for advice on fishing spots, but cheers for your opinion Angus

You specifically requested fishing spot unaffected by oil, not just fishing spots. My point was that this would be difficult to assess as this oil in the river is breaking news.

If you have a look in the reports section "all brisbane rivers and creeks" there is a large ammount of locations in and around the river discussed at length.

Good luck!

Angus

Is it true that I can now back my trailer in at Colmslie and get

a free anti-corrosion coating ? Will this work on my wheel

bearings as well ?

Does every cloud have a silver lining, or is possibly just an oily shimmer ?

Has this event occurred because I just got my boat back on the water after 3 months in hospital ?

Why do we let governments handle important things ?

Malexander wrote:

GET IT FRIGGING OUT OF AUSTRALIAN WATERS!!!

Yeah send it out while its still leaking for it to destroy more stuff on the way out. Smart move.

At least it can be seen where it is and contained.

You mightnt like it there but its currently the best place for it until it can be guaranteed no more leaks.

Malexander wrote:

I know that- Considering my family is a CEO of shipping industry company....

And his business is within 1km of where it is docked...

I have been on that wharf before. And some blutty big fish underneath it aye?

Huge. Chuck a line off the wharf - You'd be off at a million miles.

seriously whats this dribble really got to do with your previous statement.

When an oil slick happens you don't wanna spread it. That's why you gotta go to the EPA.

I just think you took my previous statement seriously. The brain power.

Get it out of australian waters- elaborate what you think.

I meant get it out. As in get rid of it's Affects in brisbane / Moreton.

Malexander wrote:

Yeh, That's what has caused all this. I suppose we can't all have a rant, because without them we wouldn't have ample fishing gear. It all has to arrive here some how. Sometimes shipped, sometimes cargoed via a plane.

...we're all suffering in brisbane :(

tell me your kiddin

Malexander wrote:

Yeh, That's what has caused all this. I suppose we can't all have a rant, because without them we wouldn't have ample fishing gear. It all has to arrive here some how. Sometimes shipped, sometimes cargoed via a plane.

...we're all suffering in brisbane :(

ROFL LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Thats the funniest piece of dribble ive read in a while.

I recon maxi.

Apparently it's pretty bad. Always would be. there's just sludge on the sand. So no white nice sand, black oil. Put it in ya boat engine :)

atleast we haven't had a ship snapped in half!!! Go to google images and you can see some ships that snapped in half. They didn't correctly laden it. Or load it.

But a maritime accident, is a maritime accident.

Archived