The wonderful world of Metal Vib's

i haven't had much luck with them, in spots i know there are fish there and active, keechie i have seen smack a few bream up with them, in around a meter of water, i have some of the larger 1's 6 cm long that i use sometimes offshore, and they seem to work ok, they deffinately work in shallow water, the thing i wonder about is,the time spent waiting between working the blade, it sits on the bottom, then it has got to lie on it's side being so narrow. and i doubt this is the time when you would get a strike. personally i use another brand of lure and find them very, very good. have caught more fish than some other lures in the same location, every 30 seconds, i'm on. once they are found. and the right color is another thing. i don't know if there is or isn't. only being new to lures i don't have a big collection of colors but have say 6/7 of the colors that seem to work best for me, however i can tell you that kev has tried almost every color plastic he has in the same spot and everything has caught fish. keep in mind almost all my fishing is done at night, daylight hours might be a different story altogether.

rob

what i have found is this is 1 type of lure where brand a price does not matter.

they all have a very similar action from the cheaper 1's to the most expensive. so buy the cheapest.

Unlike other hard bodies where ball bearings, sixe placements ect is critical and you get what you pay for.

So in summary buy a blade that is cheap

They are fine for shallow water, as long as you take note of how fast they sink. They can be a handful in shallow snaggy country. One of the selling points of the blades with the W hooks is that they are fairly snag resistant....not that I've noticed...I lose quite a few.

But they cast well and the fish seem to like them, and the vibration created is fantastic. I was fishing next to a bloke on the weekend in a very quiet arm at North Pine and he could feel the vibration from my lure through his rod.

Ive got TT Switchblades, Ecogear VX's, the new Berkley blades and also the Strike Pro Cyber Vibe and out of all of them ive had the most success with the Cyber Vibes. They are slightly smaller than the TT's and VX's but weigh a little (in the smaller size) and have a slightly tighter action. Ive had the most success in the matt gold with black head finish.

• 1 month later...

Sorry to revive an old thread boys but Im going to BCF to get some TT switchblades.. What colours are the goods in these for salt water estuary fish? Cod, Bream, Trevs, Flathead etc..

Thanks Guys - appreciate it! [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/1_AFO-5a9efe90fb629e9fcd708f792fb7fdf2.jpg

post-5149-144598494281_thumb.jpg

out of all those lovely colours - i get most my fish on the silver min and the red nightmare ... fish mainly the creeks and shallow bay...the silver has accounted for bream , whiting , flatty , tarwhine and pike.....the nightmare has got jacks - small - and flatty....i've tried about 3/4 of the others and not caught anything - maybe i go back to the other 2 to quick - because they have performed for me...

vibes aye? i tried em and i thought they were ok. i'm new to this stuff by the way so i'm finding it a confidence thing. so far we've resisted the temptation of turning to bait when struggling. martin has caught whiting, flathead and pike on em. me i've caught flathead and butter bream :woohoo: for me the thing about vibes or lures in general is getting the retrieve right. there are several ways to work them. plain slow retrieve, hopping etc. but we have found working them back slowly through the water at varying depths to be best. finding the fish is the toughest thing. at the mo we're landbased but we've got a boat now so soon as we can we'll be trying em in the river and out in the bay. we've only tried mango ripple and water melon in the ecogear vibes with success. i've tried the strike pros but caught nothing. but i'd blame that on me rather than the lure. once we can sound out some fish on the sonar we'll be able to try a few different lures to see what's best. but then i guess it'll be if the fish are biting..moon phase..tide time..sunrise/set. how can anyone ever say fishing is boring? good luck look forward to seeing your posts when you start having some success on em :)

Support your local and buy TT's. I've caught Bass on the purple glimmer, and flathead on the copper. Or just make your own. I saw how to do it somewhere on the net but forgot where :)

Norm

P.S. The Bass ABT boys poo poo TT's cause they don't cost $1000000.

INCOMING!!!

Archived