stacer 3.95 project

fisho50

just thought i would show off my latest project a centre console in my little stacer seasprite 3.95, don't know how it handles since i only finished it last tuesday and just waiting for the weather to settle down so i can take it out for it's sea trails.

steve :) [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/boat_010_AFO.jpg

shortie wrote:

Interesting. Why a centre console. I figure in such a small boat space is at a premium. Me personally would have a side console at most. Tiller steer would be ideal.
I sometimes wish I had centre console on my Sea Jay Territory so that I had better visibility at low speed and because the old arm gets a bit tired on longer trips with tiller steer. But you are right, Shortie, you get much more room with the tiller steer. I wish I had the power tilt/trim though, so that I could lift the motor as I come into the boat ramp without taking my hands off the tiller and my eyes off the other traffic. So I guess there are pluses and minuses of both.

Shortie it was a tiller steer but after a car accident i couldn't use it with any comfort and i mainly fish one up so it does have a lot of space,i'll see how it goes on the weekend could change again :laugh: .Thanks stu.

Steve

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks for everyones input, yoyo the seat is not staying it will be replaced with an 40-60 litre esky with a padded seat it was only there to get the hieght right which at the moment i am thinking of cutting the console down about 100mm.So far it has definately made it a lot better and more comfortable boat, as tugger has said with or without injuries you get sore and tired with a tiller steer.

fisho50 wrote:

Thanks for everyones input, yoyo the seat is not staying it will be replaced with an 40-60 litre esky with a padded seat it was only there to get the hieght right which at the moment i am thinking of cutting the console down about 100mm.So far it has definately made it a lot better and more comfortable boat, as tugger has said with or without injuries you get sore and tired with a tiller steer.
you can get hydr steering for a tiller. not sure on the costs involved, prob out weight the thought of it?

if you do cut a bit off the conny, tip; brace the corners, known to crack at the corners on larger models, better to be sure just in case. just a thought.

rob

Archived