Fishing below the Wivenhoe Wall

yoyo

gents,

anyone know what restrictions apply to fishing the water that stretches out below the wivenhoe wall ?

Fair enough i understand you cant fish directly below it, but what's the distance restriction on fishing the creek that stretches out through the surrounding area and beyond...?

bass? what bass....................?

nah man, targetting yellas hey.........

Now where was it that i say something the other day about this, the wording didnt refer to "targetting", but rather it referred to the 'taking' of bass during closed season. Maybe it was in the latest issue of QLD Fishing Monthly....?

I'll have to go have a look....

this was extended to 500 metres from the washpool about 1 yr ago if i remember correctly. because people kept catching and killing the lungfish in the lower pool.

i havent been up there recently, but read the signs as you go down there. caretaker lives at the entry boom gates.

happy to help with this one, its 600m from the wall to the sign there is currently the no fishing zone, the sign is in the middle bank of the washpool, cant miss it! Any further down is open to the public through the fire trails, there are some great spots on the S bend of the river, approximately 700m downstream from the main gate.

Archived