January - February - Billfish

Feral

There is a week to go for the billfish fish of the month.

I have not seen any reports of any Billfish caught, I was wondering if people are being cagey, and holding of reports so the competition does not know what it has to beat!

SO 'fess up, has anyone submitted a capture yet, and if so how about a hint of size etc?

I'd reckon Ice Knight or Jordan (with that new boat!) are the most likely candidates.

Mako_Matt wrote:

Hey BRC I have caught some billfish over the last 3 weeks of the gold coast and NSW.

But they were never takin out of the water. only photos of them at the boat.

IGFA rules are that a fish can be claimed as a capture if it is tagged. Don't know whether you tagged your fish, but you obviously had them close enough and under control enough to tag. Nice blue. I have heard they are one tough customer and go nuts at hookup.

Jeremy

Been some good marlin fishing for a few months now, im lucky enough to have spent the last 3 months chasing these fish 3-4 days a week. most have been black marlin about 20-50kg, quiet a few sails the last few weeks up to 50kg, my boats got low sides making it easy to boat a fish for a pic, its not in the fishes best interest to attempt it from high sided boats. [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/paa1010391.jpg

Post edited by: mackmauler, at: 2007/02/16 10:11

Post edited by: mackmauler, at: 2007/02/16 10:15

post-880-144598407176_thumb.jpg

Archived