kooka park sat 17

jeff f

allright the the bully was only 80cm but the salmon went 110cm.

the salmon was caught on e-bay gear, from tacklemania,a 6 kg baitrunner setup

now i didnt catch this beast my deckie did, hes an absolute beginer,doesnt even own a rod yet.so well done john

we decided to hit kooka on the spur of the moment cause the weatherman lied, it hadent rained all day.

launched just after dark and went chasing bait, got a dozen or so bony bream then went and dropped the anchor on the edge of the chanel, got a few runs but nothing stayed conected. then john draged in a small pike eel, igrabbed it round the head with the multi grips and fixed its problem then gave the filthy thing to john \"you caught it, you get the hook out of the horrible thing\"

john put another bait out and lost it. i was telling him about people using pike eels for sharks, so he chops a chunk of pike eel off and after a couple of minutes of swearing and grunting,forces the hook through the skin and casts it up into the current and begins slowly retrieving it when all hell broke loose

the fish slammed the bait just about tore the rod out of his hands and took off downstream the line arcing too the surface and tailwalking :woohoo: with line peeling from from the drag

this was a hoot it dragged him right round the boat twice and fron one side of the river to the other

with me killing myself laughing and yelling instructions when he got it beside the boat i missed with the first shot with the net but managed to get it next go

oh an i got a little bullie bout half an hour later

got some realy bad phone camera photos but i havent worked out how to get them off yet, sent one to lozzel but dont know how i did it

Lozzel wrote:

Hi Jeff, I still got the photo and when phone charges will try to down load it , and post it for ya.

thanks loz i'd appreciate that

i've got a couple of others that are abit beter but i've got to read the destructions so i can get t6hem off the phone

Post edited by: jeff f, at: 2007/02/19 16:45

Archived