Bream at Sea World

Do$tylz

Hey all,

So my g/f and I have taken advantage of the offer for the annual 3 park pass for $99. Headed to Sea World on Sunday and everytime I head there I have a peek over the railings into what is no longer the skiing lake...the fish you see there are AWESOME. Big as bream, biggest whiting you'll ever see and I even saw a parrotfish on Sunday.

so anyway... I took a video of us feeding the bream... the item thrown in was the top of a bun.

Anyone keen for a night mission?? :P :laugh:

enjoy

/>http://www.facebook.com/v/287213360017

I remember the last time I went, I too was amazed at the calibre of fish. Big bream, extra long lizards, stonker whiting and some huge tarwhine. And not just a couple there were heaps. I was telling the old man about it and he told me that when he was part of ANSA back in the early 90's, he got an invite to go fish the lagoon. A guy from ANSA and working with DPI and Seaworld made the request as part of tagging and research and was allowed on the basis of lures only, no bait, security present at all times, no more than 12 people, and weren't allowed in 'till 10pm and must be out by 6am. Dad declined the offer due to some insane reason and never heard about it ever again. They may still do it, I don't know. If anyone knows anymore, I'd pay money for that experience.

Goddamn! Im surprised they didnt eat the Seagulls! Is the lake actually in the Seaworld grounds?

Thousandyards - Im not certain but I am quite sure that there is nothing stopping you from fishing around Marina Mirage. Probably not from the boardwalks but there are no signs that stop you from fishing inside the marina itself. I have been fishing in there in my canoe many a time and never had a word said to me yet.

Chris

yeah man.. thats the actual lake in the middle of seaworld. Where they used to do the ski shows.

Yeah its an experience I'd pay for as well.. you just go 1lb straight through and try every lure possible... even take the trebles of a popper and watch them go spastic.

Haven't had the chance to see any big lizards there unfortunately... I know there's a MASSIVE ray in there too... biggest one I've ever seen.

Funny how Im super impressed with the bream when you can look into shark bay and see jacks as big as barra (literally, they sit next to each other), schools of Jewies circling and snapper to 9kg.... the bream still get me smiling.

Take a ride in the monorail. It follows the back of that lake and you see hundreds of whiting along the shallows. It is an awesome sight. My annual pass has just finished and I am getting Dreamworld ones for the kids this year, but whenever I went to Seaworld I always spent a fair amount of time on that bridge. In the end my missus would take the kids and leave me there and say catch up when you're done. :woohoo:

its fed from pipes into the broadwater small fish get sucked in and cant get out

the bottom is worm and yabby beds and there are mussels and oysters and prawns in there

if the sea is rough for a long period and they cant get out in the trawlers to get enough fish to feed all the inmates they net the lake thats the emergency supply

yeah there is everything you would expect in there giant herring 4 species of trevs queenies jacks jew and 50+ cm bream 40+ cm whiting everywhere some of the biggest mullet i ever saw plus some unexpecteds like big barracuda and king fish

these fish are trapped have never seen a line before, every thing you threw got smashed

6 of us spent a night in there as a birthday party no mess no bait no cameras catch and release

jeff f wrote:

6 of us spent a night in there as a birthday party no mess no bait no cameras catch and release

That sounds absolutely awesome! That'd be a great party. All the birthday parties I've ever been to are the complete opposite. Nothin' but mess, plenty of bait, camera's everywhere, and if you do catch anything, you sure as hell don't release it. ;)

Thanks mate, I'll let the old man know what he missed out on.

Archived