PLASTICS AT NIGHT?

Rocket75

After moderate sucess on flathead during daylight hours I have started trying soft plastics at night and after 1000's of casts over three or so sessions I have come up empty :blush: . Does anyone have any tips that they can share, or should I leave the plastics at home and stick with the good old bait at night time?

Colours doesnt really matter at night or does havin glowing bits and peices on ya plastic...the best advice I can offer from experience of muliple captures at night is two things....

1.SMELL.scent sprays(ultrabite or something alike)spray a good amount on the plastics tail..

2.MOVEMENT/ACTION.try movin the plastic in the one spot but dont make to much ground.(cast to fish holding spots and let sink,take up slack then wiggle the rod tip left and right with one hand to make the plastic wobble if no takers pick another spot and repeat.)

fish can hear and feel water movement better than they can see....think about it.....

movement/action can out fish smell if done right..

hope this helps.....

Thanks for all the responses. I have tried Stimulate type attractant, but no go so far. I will keep on trying and give your tips a go. I mainly fish the mouth of cabbage tree creek and the canals and flats at scarborough. I take confidence from the fact that at least someone out there has had sucess in the dark!

• 1 month later...

i've always found fishing with lures, even plastics. much more expensive than bait fishing- especially as you can catch your own bait. in fact i reckon that a lot of the time it's the bait fisherman that end up coming up heavier in the wallet, especially after losing a few hard bodies...

Archived