Hinze Dam AFO trip 18 3 07

Feral

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

rayke1938 wrote:

Werewolf

Travellers are quite stable we had no worries with stability and we are both over 16 stone. Had very little wind so ride was good.

I used to have a 3.85 explorer with a 30hp.The explorer isbasically the same hull shape as the traveller and it handled the chop ok you just have to slow down .

Ray

cheers ray, I was always previously dubious about how tinnies that size would handle a few blokes. I have a trailer down the back with a canoe rack on it that would fit a small tinny nicely:whistle:

Brian: Mate i was chuffed no denying it.

Travis: Mate due to the size it was very easy to fillet. Graham had run through with me how to slice the fatty layer off and it worked a treat. I must say though it must have been an active fish as it had very little fat. I got two huge fillets over an inch and half long from it. The neighbours benefitted from these as well!

Tanya put it down as one of her favourite fish meals ever.

After looking back over the pictures though, if i catch another from Hinze though it will be going back.

Angus

why is that you feel bad for eating such a beast

forget about it dude thats why the dam is stocked if it was wild yeah throw it back

but it is perfectly legal to take them home

whereas if you get a freak catch like salmon in the river when they first started showing up

then definately put them back

Oztrav wrote:

why is that you feel bad for eating such a beast

forget about it dude thats why the dam is stocked if it was wild yeah throw it back

but it is perfectly legal to take them home

whereas if you get a freak catch like salmon in the river when they first started showing up

then definately put them back

Well said OZ

Nice fish Angus. Did you put it on the scales ? Would be interested to know.

They are good eating. Surprised my young bloke when camping a couple of years ago - he didn't have much faith when he saw the slime running off. He told me he was more of a chicken type of guy :laugh: Loved it when he tasted it though.

Archived