loomis warranty

aichepee

its time to replace my bsr802 mossyback. guides rusting and blank a bit bruised. i know i can pay $150 for a brand new one with the warranty. but does anyone know if u can get a different rod if its the same price from loomis. i was thinking about the bsr852 mossyback specifically

cheers

they do have a warranty in the way you would assume for faulty workmanship and the like, but have the added cover of a replacement for a cost, if you would snap the tip off when slamming the car door on it or kayaking under some mangroves. So pay the $150 and presto new loomis.

Loomis call it their expeditor warranty return the broken rod and they replace it for a fee $150 or $200 for GLX models I have only used it once on a BSR 801 that the tip broke on during a close quarters battle with a bass in a snag in the yak. I have only ever had one warranty issue and the rod was replaced no problem,the synthetic cork grip came loose after about 18 months on a SMR 882S-SP which had a lot of use on some large fish.Like all quality gear initially expensive but you only pay the big dollars once.

Regs Steve

fact 1. i bought a loomis blank rod that was built by gary howard12/25 lb pelagic series rod was the item in question.

fact 2. while using the rod it had exploded in my hands, while hooked up to a fish

fact 3.when i went to replace it, as obviously it was a rod built by gary, but none the less a loomis blank and it was covered by the $150 replacement rod.

fact 4.i ended up with a much better rod that was a custom jobbie by gary that i am way happier with now, as it's much more to my liking, and a lot lighter in hand than the loomis was.

fact 5.so although it was a loomis blank, not built at the factory, it was still covered by loomis. and i was asked which rod i would now like to purchase, as there was an open book to choose from, and pay the extra $ if need be, if it was a dearer item.

Archived