Brisbane Fishing Online Winter Camp

Angus

Dear Members.

The details have been finalised for the Brisbane Fishing Online Winter Camp.

I have locked the other thread discussing this topic as not to become confusing.

Please use this thread for discussion but email me your confirmation.

Attention Anglers!

I invite you to attend the Brisbane Fishing Online Winter Camp.

Commencing Saturday the 2nd June at 10:00am.

We will meet at the Western Ramp and move onto the camp site AFTER the days fishing. The fishing will be supervised and guided by Sports Tuitions very own Steve Wilkes.

We will fish the day away targeting species such as Bass, Golden Perch (oh yes they are there), Saratoga, Silver Perch and Mary River Cod.

Water craft (Quintrex 370 Travellers powered by 55lb Minn Kota electric motors and 6 Rosco Bass Catcher Canoes powered by 40lb Minn Kota electric motors) will be provided but feel free to bring your own vessel. Remember though, electrics only!

Once the day is over we shall retire the camp site for yarns and camp style fish and chips! I encourage everyone to bring a deck chair so we can sit on the bank and enjoy a drink and a good yarn. Being winter, a wee dram may also be in order!

The following morning we will hit the water again. For those keen anglers keen to bag a toga, feel free to be on the water at dawn.

A fly fishing workshop will also be available led by Leeann Payne for those who wish to master waving the wand. Leeann has had fishing articles published in both national and international fishing magazines and websites since 1994. She has been a guest on many fishing videos, radio stations and television programs. Leeann was a presenter for Channel 9’s “Hooked on Water” television show. Most recently Leeann has presented segments on Fishing DVD, series 2-5, with Fishing DVD 5 being a segment on bass fishing.

Leeann has presented seminars at a number of Fishing Expos and Boat Shows from Brisbane to Melbourne. Leeann has passion, skill and knowledge for fishing and she is the first Australian female angler to land both a Black Marlin and Sailfish on fly tackle.

We are extremely fortunate to have a person of the calibre of Leeann to present a workshop at this event.

Details:

When: 2nd & 3rd June 2007

Cost: $165.00.

Location: Cabin Accommodation – Numinbah Valley Environmental Education Centre…situated on Hinze Dam. Campsite facilites include: stoves, ovens, fridges, BBQ/cooking utensils and shower & toilet amenities.

Inclusions.

* Weekend is fully catered.

* All fishing gear is supplied.

* Sample bags for the boys

* Workshops led by Leeann Payne

* Guided fishing by Steve Wilkes.

You need to bring the following:

* Sheets/blanket (sleeping bag) & pillow

* Towel

* Toiletries

* Torch

* Wet-weather gear

* Deck chair (if owned)

* BYO Alcohol if required

Please email Angus Gorrie: angus@australianfishing.com.au to register your attendance.

Remember first in first served. We would like to encourage a good attendance, but there are only so many boats!

Good fishing

Angus Gorrie]

Confirmed Attendee's

Tinny 1

Steve Wilkes – Shirt Large

Leeann Payne – Shirt Small

+1

Tinny 2

Ray Kennedy –Shirt XXL

Graham Phlaum

Tinny 3

Andrew Kennedy – Shirt XXL

Ferg – Shirt L

Tinny 4

Terry Hessey – Shirt M

Nelson Corbett – Shirt L

Paul Rea

Tinny 5

Satomi Motegi

Michael Atherinos

Tom Legrady

Tinny 6

Rod Vardy

Kathy Vardy

Tinny 7

Merv Chen

Jeff Flynn – Shirt XXXL

Canoe 1

Julian Creagh – Shirt XL

Richie Muir

Canoe 2

Angus Gorrie – Shirt L

Tanya Long – Shirt S

Canoe 3

Amelia Gorrie – Shirt M

Natalie Long – Shirt M

Canoe 4

Tristan Mason - Shirt Large

Aaron Hughes – Shirt XL

Canoe 5

Nick Gardener – Shirt L

Jess – Shirt S

Canoe 6

Jaharn Giles – Shirt Medium

James Wahry - Shirt Large

Post edited by: Angus, at: 2007/05/31 10:44

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just recived the information to answer a few questions.

Toga go a little bit off the bite in winter.

However, the bass school more densley and are still very active thought the hours we will be commonly fishing (10:00-5:00).

As suggested by Travis, the Winter camp has also been timed to coincide with the AFO Fish Of The Month, June being of course Bass.

Last week a 50cm specimen was caught from the dam so the competition should be good!

Good luck to all who attend!

Angus

Angus,

I'll ask my mate Wee Tek (the bloke coming down from Cairns) if he and his wife would be interested, he might not be able to confirm until later though, wont know if he can get weekend of until he actually starts work!)

I'll also ask Ferg.

I dunno if I want to take my boat or not at this stage. Might want to fish with Steve's boats/ canoes, or might go with someone else in their boat, or take mine and have spots available to others.

Can you ask Steve if some bring their own boats will they have access to power at the camp for charging batteries?

I dont remember there being a lot of space in the car park either, so you might also want to ask Steve if there is room for a few boats and 15 - 20 odd cars in grounds! People in cars only might have to park down hill from cabins to allow boaties access to parking lot and power.

Post edited by: Feral, at: 2007/03/22 19:41

Ferg is coming, and we will want a tinnie (or canoe if tinnies all gone)

Also people, when they say blanket or sleeping bag I'd go both, it will be COLD, camp is up in the mountains behind the dam.

Camping is in cabins (dorm room style) with 12 beds to a room, but there are quite a few cabins, 30 people will probably be 5 to a cabin? Pathways around cabins are steep, but sealed.

You will notice to the recent rish of people signing up that there is only one tinny left out of all the water craft!

A couple of singles can fit in tinny's with 2. But after that it will be own boats only.

Just thought id better let you know if you still keen.

Angus

Ok so at the moment we have booked all available spots on boats.

Others still can attend but will have to supply their own craft.

Please pay Steve Wilkes directly ONLINE as well as sending him BY MAIL the required completed forms.

When making your Online payment, please clearly state your name and AFO Winter Camp so we can accurately keep track of payments.

Steve's Bank Details, Postal Address and the Required Form can be found here: http://www.sportstuition.com.au/docs/registration_weekends.pdf

I will send a list of those confirmed to Steve so he may mark them off as payments come in. I will also mark them off on the first post of this forum.

Please make your payments 4 weeks before the event. This way if anyone does pull out we will be able to potentially fill the void.

To recap the cost is $165 Per Person.

This will include, camping permits, fishing permits, food, boats, gear (if required), live shrimp and the chance to have a fly lesson with Leeann Payne. Not to mention expert guidance of where the fish are biting.

Cheers and thanks for the enthusiasm!

Angus

Post edited by: Angus, at: 2007/03/27 09:32

Peesapiss

You can just do a bank transfer . I have just done mine.

Bank details are on rego form but here they are

Sports Tuition Pty Ltd

BSB 034037

Account number 159547

WBC

and just put your name followed by AFO in the payment reference box.

If you dont have access to ebanking you can go to any wespac bank and do a deposit.

Ray

As the time draws closer i just want to remind everyone that Steve is after payment 1 month early.

This will give us the chance to fill in any gaps if people bail.

All details can be found in this thread.

There will be a few people bringing Kayaks as well for an early morning Sunday fish if anyone is interested.

Angus

I was speaking to Steve Wilkes last night guys and he informed me that lots of forms etc have been coming in.

For that i thank you.

He is sending me through a complete list of people today or tommorrow so i may update the list.

Good fishing.

Angus

Archived