wave break island southport seaway Feb 5 - 7

tugger

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think I can play with this one. We have an event called The Great Race scheduled for the Feb from Hollywell to Manly. Should be about 60 boats in the fleet and I'll need to be either rescue or management boat. However I might be able to drop in and say hello before the race so if you see a 5mt red RIB geting air give me a wave.

Brian D wrote:

I don't think I can play with this one. We have an event called The Great Race scheduled for the Feb from Hollywell to Manly. Should be about 60 boats in the fleet and I'll need to be either rescue or management boat. However I might be able to drop in and say hello before the race so if you see a 5mt red RIB geting air give me a wave.
hahahaha to hell with that brian, i'll be racin ya :laugh:

we will have a cold beer waiting for yaBrian D wrote:

yes kev 20lb is ample spinning with slugs r the go have some 40gram models and don't worry about wire when spinning MoparKevUk wrote:

Is it possible that I could get some fast spinning in on this trip? If so what is the go as for slug weight/colours/make, and do I use a metal trace? I've heard it needs to be black as mack hit anything silver. What weight metal trace? I'll be packing 20lb braid, is this man enough?

gday jeff if the weather is fine outside we'll hit some inshore reefs you don't need an epirb with and the seaway is worth a shot with the smaller tides that weekendwhitehorse47 wrote:

hey tugger, i am new here, are you accepting new comers on your trip?, i must warn you i don't have an epirb yet. i will have a couple spots on my boat if anyone is looking for one if ok to tag along..jeff

Bri The Pom wrote:

It's looking good, but we may have to find a bigger island. :cheer:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: . So how many are going? is there really going to be that many of us . More the merry I reckon.

Just did an oil change in the gear box and changed the sump oil in the motor after last weekends running of the motor for 30hrs straight so she's rarin to go.

heading down after work friday some time late arvo. hopfully the wesfish is coming down for bash at it which will be good cause I like drinking and he likes being skipper. :laugh: :laugh: . Normally would just use ice but going down to charltons today to order me a little block of dry ice esspecially for the trip. I think there about 15-20 bucks and so so worth it.

Iam keen as :woohoo: :fishing: cant wait.

Mick

about 9 or 10 boats so far and 25 fishos give or take a fewmick fillet wrote:

Bri The Pom wrote:
It's looking good, but we may have to find a bigger island. :cheer:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: . So how many are going? is there really going to be that many of us . More the merry I reckon.

Just did an oil change in the gear box and changed the sump oil in the motor after last weekends running of the motor for 30hrs straight so she's rarin to go.

heading down after work friday some time late arvo. hopfully the wesfish is coming down for bash at it which will be good cause I like drinking and he likes being skipper. :laugh: :laugh: . Normally would just use ice but going down to charltons today to order me a little block of dry ice esspecially for the trip. I think there about 15-20 bucks and so so worth it.

Iam keen as :woohoo: :fishing: cant wait.

Mick

tugger wrote:

gday jeff if the weather is fine outside we'll hit some inshore reefs you don't need an epirb with and the seaway is worth a shot with the smaller tides that weekendwhitehorse47 wrote:
hey tugger, i am new here, are you accepting new comers on your trip?, i must warn you i don't have an epirb yet. i will have a couple spots on my boat if anyone is looking for one if ok to tag along..jeff

thanks tugger, not sure what time i will get down, but it will be friday at this stage, let you know as we get closer..thanks again..jeff

straddiebrad wrote:

whitehorse47 wrote:
mate all is welcome :unsure:

thanks brad. still learning how to drive this forum thing, might have a double up in messages.

give us a call as your getting close, 15 minutes away and we'll pick u upmookystiks wrote:

I will need a lift to the island - probably friday night, say 7:30ish

will drive down after work.

any takers?

also have a tent i can share with peoples - or will just bring the swag for myself

Archived