2010 Winter Camp

AFO

To the AFO Community.

After viewing several comments in the forum and a couple of Groups we thought a quick disclaimer should be made regarding the Winter Camp 2010.

Although the Winter Camp does not fall under one of AFO's nominated big 4 events this year it will still happen.

Winter Camp has always been a collaborative effort between Sports Tuition and Brisbane Fishing Online, with Brisbane Fishing Online promoting the event and Sports Tuition handling most of the logistics. This year will be no different in this regard.

The only major change that will occur is that bookings will go straight to Sports Tuition first up.

We still see this as an important and much loved part of the AFO calendar!

Regards

The Team

AFO

Yeah Winter Camp a time for quiet reflection and cold winter mornings on a peaceful lake somewhere, fishing rod in hand and hope for big fish imprinted on your face... AFTER a night of wayyyyy too much alcohol, the funniest stories - that get better and better the more drunk the teller gets and LIES... let me tell you about the whale I caught on 2lb Fireline in the carpark even before I got on the water...

I'm in.

Good stuff..... I will most certainly be blocking off those dates from work.

Pssst... Kreel, did I tell you the one about when I went fishing for the first time ever in fresh water, put some scampi type bug on my hook and pulled up a fish in 2 minutes to look at it and ask my co captain 'Is this what we are suppose to be catching?'. Ohhh yea, you were there and it was the winning bass last year :-) :-)

yep. Will definitely be a good one. I haven't done a winter camp yet, but I have done a Hinze camp and man ts bloody fun. Its where I was taught to properly fillet a fish, got to meet some new faces, became good mates with Magiva and had myself in tears late at night with Malcolm and the poor youngins that he was whispering sweet nothing to :D

bootyinblue wrote:

Good stuff..... I will most certainly be blocking off those dates from work.

Pssst... Kreel, did I tell you the one about when I went fishing for the first time ever in fresh water, put some scampi type bug on my hook and pulled up a fish in 2 minutes to look at it and ask my co captain 'Is this what we are suppose to be catching?'. Ohhh yea, you were there and it was the winning bass last year :-) :-)

Damn you Chief Inspector Blue! Its on! Rods and reels at 10 paces and let the best fish win.

I'm looking forward to another good Winter Camp, newbies bring your best fishing stories for the camp fire; veterans bring all your best lies. Gus bring the scotch and I'll bring the thirst.

Archived