live from the Story Bridge

shaggy

Jeff: A bag of kittens eh. I must say, I've caught a range of interesting things in that creek (shorts, briefcase, numerous other human clothing) I thought it was only time before either one of my mates, or someone I know brings up a body of some sort!

I wonder if we could fish from the bridge?:P You know, take that tour up the bridge........

well if anyone fished the river on the weekend they had a pretty good chance of getting a body i reckon.

as i saw the water police and SES going up and down the river bank from the story bridge down past new farm park extremely slow. there were several boats out looking and several SES people walking along the river bank. i think they were looking for someone that jumped off the bridge last thursday night cause i saw a lane closed at night on the bridge and police cars there looking over the railing at about 8pm.

TerryH wrote:

Jeff: A bag of kittens eh. I must say, I've caught a range of interesting things in that creek (shorts, briefcase, numerous other human clothing) I thought it was only time before either one of my mates, or someone I know brings up a body of some sort!

I wonder if we could fish from the bridge?:P You know, take that tour up the bridge........

hmmm i think i've still got my cliff gaff:side:

jeff f wrote:

TerryH wrote:

hmmm i think i've still got my cliff gaff:side:

What d'you mean, a \"Cliff\" gaff?!#:P

Post edited by: Cliffy, at: 2007/04/04 19:26

Bloody jumpers - hold up the traffic for ever.

Was caught on the storey bridge about 18 months ago with this idiot threatening to jump about 7:30 on a thursday morning. Peak hour traffic completely ground to a stop.

All the stuck commuters started chanting \"jump you bastard\" That shook him up a bit, and he came down. They only want attention, otherwise they would just jump.

Had a friend whose husband jumped off the gateway quite a few years ago. Drove his garbage truck to the top, climbed on top and jumped, (anti suicide rail was in place by then, so had to climb on truck to get over rail) all over in about 30 seconds apparently.

Biggest problem is apparently when they jump they take their keys with em. Have to wait for a tow truck to cleat the bridge.

Archived