What I've bought...

Do$tylz

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With all the Wahoo around I thought it was time to replace all my old Rapalas with some nice shiny new ones.

I bought in a mix of Rapala X-Rap Mag 30's and CD 18's.

I also grabbed a Shimano Spheros 18000 and a roll of 80lb braid to spool it up with.

I have a new Shimano T Curve Deep Jig 400 Spin arriving next week to put the Spheros 18000 on and hopefully I will be able to slow down the odd unstoppable out at Boat Rock. :P:P:P

post-7680-144598887982_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

they are awesome rods, hands down best on the market in the $150 price range and better than some more expensive rods as far as feel. the one i have is an awesome light hardbody rod for bream. my younger brother has the 6'10" 2-5kg and it feels on par with my storm shadow minus the components obviously and my friend has the big one the super caster i think its called and he loves it paired with a 4000 size daiwa reel feels wicked. as i said best bang for buck i reckon.

a few of my light outfits. NS one's - 2004 certate high gear custom, steez storm shadow - 2506 emeraldas 09, generation black - 2000 freams

That's some nice gear mate looks like you've got your bases covered, what do you think of the gen black been looking at them but not sure how they perform.

Cheers

Mark

I have the pinster ( 2004 steez ) and the supercaste ( 3000 certate ), can't believe how good they are for 150. Might even sell my powerjunkie soon as I do t had to worry about it so much in the boat

i was looking at something on the internet the otherday and saw some pics of a guy running new exists on them, so i guess that goes to show that they are wicked rods at a low cost. another benifit is id rather break a really good feeling rod that was $150 and not something much more expensive

A few toys i bought when i went to Bass Pro in the states.

Crazy place bass pro, lots of stuff to look at, mounted game, taxadermy bears and lions and stuff. Big fish tank with a 2m+ White Sturgeon fish.

Anyways, just got a few things, couldnt fit alot in the bag.

post-10420-144598903239_thumb.jpg

a few of my light outfits. NS one's - 2004 certate high gear custom, steez storm shadow - 2506 emeraldas 09, generation black - 2000 freams

That's some nice gear mate looks like you've got your bases covered, what do you think of the gen black been looking at them but not sure how they perform.

Cheers

Mark

I have the pinster ( 2004 steez ) and the supercaste ( 3000 certate ), can't believe how good they are for 150. Might even sell my powerjunkie soon as I do t had to worry about it so much in the boat

that powerjunky would look nice in my rack next to the hotdog... :whistle:

• 4 weeks later...
After selling a few things I've managed to put together a nice Trev/Squire/Bass/Jack and what ever else swims combo for general all round use. Got a 13 Omen and a Daiwa Steez EX2508H one very light combo just need to blood it now.

Cheers

Mark

[attachment=60809]IMG_20130203_105010.jpg[/attachment]

Sweeeeeettt!!! I'm loving the look of those 13's. Keen to read the report/thoughts upon blooding.

Is that SeaBass braid?

After selling a few things I've managed to put together a nice Trev/Squire/Bass/Jack and what ever else swims combo for general all round use. Got a 13 Omen and a Daiwa Steez EX2508H one very light combo just need to blood it now.

Cheers

Mark

Sweeeeeettt!!! I'm loving the look of those 13's. Keen to read the report/thoughts upon blooding.

Is that SeaBass braid?

Just blooded it then on a flattie and a bass in the salt of the nerang and gotta say I'm impressed with the rod handles from 1/8 to 1/2 nicely feels very crisp and has a really goodextra fast action on it which is what I prefer in a rod hate slow action rods. The reel just has stren on it present but will get sea bass for it next week.

Cheers

Mark

Cheers

Mark

Sweeeeeettt!!! I'm loving the look of those 13's. Keen to read the report/thoughts upon. blooding.

Is that SeaBass braid?

The omen rods are nice. I HAD a 10-17lb one matched up to 2500 biomaster. I really enjoyed my one while i had it. caught great fish on it.

Last week one the guide decided to fall off. :ohmy:

Took it back to where i bought it and i hear alot of them are coming back with same problem and omen reps have taken all the spin range of shelve.

Mines covered under warrenty. Hopefully it dont take as long as my other rod replacement :sick:

Id personally wait till the come up with better guides for the rods.

nice Nick

what bait caster did you end up choosin?

i got a Abu Garcia Revo STX Generation-3

Hey Nook,

Let mw know what you think of the STX after you have run it in. I purchased an SX in Oct last year to take north and it performed quite well on trevs/jacks/barra and everything in between. Held up well in the salt also which I was extremely pleased at. Let me know how you go mate.

Archived