BucKat List - Organising some charters...

Angus

Hey guys.

So we dont go off topic in Wes's report from his latest trip out with BucKat List, I decided to make a new thread.

This is based on the interest shown in that thread and a desire to support our site sponsor.

See this thread for the report I am talking about: http://www.australianfishing.com.au/forum/58-open-ocean-reports/269652-buckat-list-prize-day

At present I am looking to put together a trip on the 25th June (weather pending). At this stage all spots are filled but i need to confirm 2 of them so stay tuned.

So if anyone else is interested lets throw a few dates around and see if we cant put some more trips together.

The boat looks fantastic and I cant wait to get out there on it.

Cheers.

Angus BucKat_List_Fishing2_Charters.jpg

yoyo wrote:

what's the cost for the boat/PP angus ?

Um good question.

I will find out for sure.

My understanding is its to hire the boat so to speak.

So better to have 6 than 4 price wise if that makes sense.

Once again ill check but I think its $900 for the boat for the day (lunch included).

This is using the quoted price from the AFO lucky door prize charter so I am pretty sure its spot on.

So yeah for 6 people 150 which is pretty awesome for a charter.

180 for 5.

225 for 4.

I reckon 5 people sounds right based on other charters.

But the added room with 4 may tempt some people.

Angus

free2rome2 wrote:

NIce looking Kat, Gus.

It looks a bit cramp for 6pax, tho'... :)

4 fishos would have good room to move about I guess...

I agree 4 would be prime.

However, a lot of local charters pack them in like sardines.

I would prefer 6 on this boat than any of of the 10 man charters I have been on...

Angus

rosco1974 wrote:

depending on wind and current i recon 4 max on this boat perfect conditions 5 but 6 would make it too cramped in my opinion,for the xtra money would rather reduce the numbers onboard to fish comfortable

Yeah Rosco agreed.

My 25th trip is 4 people for that reason.

Its not something I do often at all, so a few extra bucks for a much better trip = worth it.

Angus

Ashhley wrote:

id be really interested in a charter 1 day...

Well, that makes three interested besides those going with me.

Yo yo

Ashhley

jon

Im sure a 4th would be easily found if a date was set.

You boys should kock heads and find a day that suits...

Angus

Angus wrote:

rosco1974 wrote:
depending on wind and current i recon 4 max on this boat perfect conditions 5 but 6 would make it too cramped in my opinion,for the xtra money would rather reduce the numbers onboard to fish comfortable

Yeah Rosco agreed.

My 25th trip is 4 people for that reason.

Its not something I do often at all, so a few extra bucks for a much better trip = worth it.

Angus

well when I was on the boat It fished 5 with ease. skipper included.

if ya had a few blokes who kinda knew what they were doin you wouldn't tangle lines.

the boat can handle the men on board its like 3mtrs wide at the back you could fish 3 from the back 3 from a side.

Hope it helps make up ya mind with the numbers.

mick

Angus wrote:

Ashhley wrote:
id be really interested in a charter 1 day...

Well, that makes three interested besides those going with me.

Yo yo

Ashhley

jon

Im sure a 4th would be easily found if a date was set.

You boys should kock heads and find a day that suits...

Angus

im free during the week as i work most weekends

um i work most days during the week but i have every socond monday of as an rdo, and if needs to be another day during the week im sure i could pull a sicky.

so send me a pm and we can kock heads, lol nice type o angus

jon wrote:

um i work most days during the week but i have every socond monday of as an rdo, and if needs to be another day during the week im sure i could pull a sicky.

so send me a pm and we can kock heads, lol nice type o angus

ROFL ! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

as for rough conditions and comfortable fishing 5 was excellent, remember there is a deck that is between the motors for 2 and 3 on the side for drifting. so rotation with 6 would be fine as only 1 person out per drop! ;) still a good day, but saying that 4 people was awesome with so much room hehe :laugh: well it was 5 actually and still great!

mick fillet,

how was the current out there the day u fished,would love to see 2 fish of a deck between the 2 motors with the current runnin and the other 3 on the 1 side of a boat,5 lines in a at best 4mtr linial area,guessin tangles everywhere,even with 5 good offshore fisho's,have a 2.2mtr square deck in my boat will not fish more than 3 offshore for that reason,but hey might be just me ,have to be comfortable dont like line tangles there to fish not untangle lies,just my opinion

Archived