AFO Website Now With Improved Community Features

AFO

** This thread discusses the content article: Brisbane Fishing Website Now With Improved Community Features **

The Brisbane Fishing Online site has undergone a significant upgrade to improve the Community section of the site. There have been many bugfixes in the code but more importantly many new features added to help improve the user's experience on the site. One of the big new features is a wholly integrated event system that allows members to easily add events and invite other users. We see this as a great feature to even further promote the community spirit of socials and will make it easy for members to organise fishing trips and events. Other new features that our members will find are:

# Default website field now uses url type.

# Character limit for status updates now set to 400.

# User can now set their photos as the profile picture when browsing through their own photos.

# When viewing videos, user can now set the video as their profile video provided that they are the owner of the video.

Friends

# Friends listing has the ability to filter by characters.

# Users can now search for members with avatar only.

# New alphabetical navigation option in people browser.

Media

# Photos can now be dragged and dropped directly from the album view.

# Photos in the activity stream summary will now link to the photo correctly.

# Added enhanced content preview for new photo uploads in activity stream.

# Photos can now be deleted from within the album view.

Groups

# Group admin can now edit discussions.

# Added a group invitation page where users can list all the group invites and respond accordingly.

# Group admin and post owner can now edit discussion posts and wall posts.

# Group page now display list of admins on a separate section to differentiate between members and group admins

# When a discussion is replied, the creator and repliers of the discussion will now be notified via email

# Group member will be notified once they have been approved.

# Group administrator can configure to allow or disallow wall post notifications in a group.

# Display a proper message when a non group member views a discussion and can't see the wall form.

# Site administrators are notified when a new group is created and group moderations are enabled.

# Send email notifications to group owner once the group is published.

Events

# New Event system integrated into community section that allows users to create events easily and invite users

# Wall in events can now be commented.

# Added new default avatar for events.

# Event and site administrator can now send email to all event participants.

Applications

# Redesigned My Applications page that supports drag and drop functionality. Users can now drag and drop applications into their desired positions.

# Once an application is added, it will no longer show the popup but instead show that the application is added.

# Application box state is now remembered if it was minimized or shown.

Yes, that is on the cards. The improvements to the community part of the site have been a long time in the making. Now next on the list are the improvements to the forum. There are some considerable improvements coming for the forum (some which you the user will see and some which will make it easier for mods and admins). Signatures will be done when we implement the improvements to the forum.

It's a comparison to the person with the highest post count. So if you look at Angus' graph, it is completely highlighted as he has posted the most out of everyone on the site. Someone with about 6 400 posts will have a graph about half full (pretty much like yourself actually)

hooked_on_trout wrote:

Group activity should be improved.

I joined a group and barely know if I am a member or not.

cheers

isnt that kind of the duty of the starter of that group? like what sort of things are you looking for?

also is it just me or is the website loading faster?

Joel Eadie wrote:

hooked_on_trout wrote:
Group activity should be improved.

I joined a group and barely know if I am a member or not.

cheers

isnt that kind of the duty of the starter of that group? like what sort of things are you looking for?

also is it just me or is the website loading faster?

There just seems to be a lot of crossed links, the navigation could be better I think for groups,I just found it a bit ambiguous, possibly because a the group I joined has not had a lot of recent activity either.

Don't get me wrong, this is one of the better maintained sites I have visited and the upgrades always improve the site.

Cheers

Archived