Fishing off Boat Ramps

daveylad

Went for a quick ride out of Mooloolaba today, it was as flat as a pancake, Azza let me know how the new medication goes? the wife only lasted an hour. After an hour and a half I decided to come back in. The breeze was up a bit on the ramp so I brought the boat in on an angle so it came in side on, its a triple ramp and when the tides in there isnt too much sand or space either side of the ramp, theres an old fella fishing right on the area next to the ramp. I beached the boat and and jumped out the front of the boat to find there were a few rocks around the area so I pulled the boat closer to the ramp by the bow rope. Next thing is the old bloke tells me his line is there and I find a line and a float around my legs, not being happy about the rocks and being waist deep in water I thought, oh dear what a shame, and continued to pull the boat closer to the ramp. When I finally get back in the wife tells me the old bloke was somewhat shirty that I'd stuffed his line up, my feeling are TUFF TITTIES :ohmy: . Whats the feeling on people fishing right on the ramps I've seen it before on other ramps at Bribie :blink: .

dhess wrote:

If he can't handle having to get out of the way of boats around ramps or pontoons he shouldn't be fishing around them.

BTW Did you end up wetting a line?

Just threw the line in at the Gneerings only caught a few of those bream look alike with the stripes and heaps of spines. Carol (Wife) wasnt feeling too good.

Didnt know what the best thing was to do but next time I'll just carry on getting the boat in. I guess its there problem Dont like to mess up peoples fishing but I suppose when youre moving thousands of dollars worth of boat in a narrow area the boat comes first, especially on a ramp. :dry:

boats have 100% right of way at boat ramps. only situation i would accept a complaint is if there were ample space all around the ramp and you could have beached anywhere away without running over their lines, otherwise you're the one that should be angry lol

its simple really it just comes down to basic mannors. by all means use the ramp to fish because lets face not everyone has a boat. but when you see a boat comming in for god sake get out of the way, yes this might mean not fishing for 5 mins but you are on a BOAT RAMP.

Whats wrong with playing footy on the road? Thats where we played footy all the time when we were kids, of course we moved as soon as a car came around the corner. If land based fishos dont move from pontoons or ramps after you have given them a friendly reminder like "Hey Numb nuts move flippin line" ( cleaned up as kids are on the boat today)a sharp bait knife will clear a path though the lines

Nothing wrong with poeple fishing from ramps or ramp pontoons (or playing footy in the street). But when they dont move their crap out of my road that bloody annoys me. Especially since I tend to head to pontoon etc slowly, giving lots of warning. These days if its not moved by the time I get there, I just take out the lines. Common sense from poeple seems to be dwindling.

I've fished off boat ramps but quickly pull in any lines as boats come and go. When I use smaller boat ramps I back my boat in nice and slow to give people every opportunity to move their stuff as there isn't that much room to manoeuvre around them. If they don't then I hop out and warn them that I will run over it as it IS a BOAT ramp. They usually do and who cares if they have a grumble.

I don't seem to have the same issue with larger ramps because of the traffic.

snapsnap wrote:

its simple really it just comes down to basic mannors. by all means use the ramp to fish because lets face not everyone has a boat. but when you see a boat comming in for god sake get out of the way, yes this might mean not fishing for 5 mins but you are on a BOAT RAMP.

this covers the whole situation :cheer: ...

Archived