Bow Mount Electric

dan25

Hey Guys

I'm after a Bow mount electric for my 399 Proline Stacer, and just have a couple questions. I dont want to spend too much, but i want something reliable, i'm actually keen on giving some abt Wivenhoe electric comps ago soon so a electric is needed obviously. I was just wondering if one electric is enough for comps? how long batteries last? etc etc? I'm just interested to know how much id be looking to spend for something thats gonna last me a whole comp day. Ive been looking at the Jarvis marine watersnake 54lb that are like 600bucks at bcf atm.

Any help would be awesome

Thanks

Dan

I have 44lb on the pointy end of my 430 quintrex trophy, It has full floors and casting decks so there is a little weight. It works fine. I run a 105 amp deep cycle sealed battery( i went for sealed because I believe they are changing the battery regulations on fresh water) it lasts well over 5 hours trolling and sitting over schools. Maybe just get the 44lb bow mount and with the dollars you will save buy yourself a 54lb tiller for cruising.

Hi Dan - The min kota motors Angus was selling where from Steve Wilkes from sports tuition. Give him a call. I picked one up and I am happy. Personally I would have the 2 motors and two batteries. Motors do have electric problems every now and again. I myself was stranded on lake Lenthals and it is a long paddle home in a boat if you do not have proper oars. I also have a 54lb watersnake and it works well. I have an alrounder 110amp and a AGM 120amp. Personally I think the AGM is far better. Good Luck Ted quite an investment there

Mate the 54lb watersnake is a good reliable motor, plenty of guys in the electrics use them and like you say they are cheap.

The one electric will be fine to fish the comps. Just stick with the bowmount as it is more efficient to pull the boat rather than push with a transom mount.

Batteries, I'd recomend carrying two or more 120amp AGMs as the wind often gets up and youll need the extra juice to get back to the ramp.

cheers

Mate check out all round angler on ebay. His prices are usually better than the shops with free delivery. From memory maybe $550? You'll also save about 20 bucks on the quick release bracket ($80 instead of bcf's $100)

They occasionally throw in fishing rods or lures with the motors too

/>http://stores.ebay.com.au/Allround-Angler-Brand-Name-Fishing__W0QQ_fsubZ4511176

They're a legit store so you still get all your warranty stuff covered. Mine was delivered the next day.

Wynnum batteries does a deep cycle 105 amp for $189 also.

Supercheap has battery charges from about $120

No worries mate - I found them good to deal with. They used to have the 54lb with the hand remote for just over $600 but I can't seem to see it there...

They're only located at caboolture too so not the end of the world if you have to drive there for warranty/repairs or whatever.

i use a xantrex charger and its a good'un, cost me a bit though around 250 if I remember.

dan for doing the electric comps and cruising around under electric power only i'd be looking at two batteries, ive got a 100ah AGM and its great for spot drifting and making small position adjustments all day but if i had to run at full juice getting places with a 54 you'd get a little under 2 hours of constant use

Archived