Better late than never

Newroo

Hi AFO'ers,

My name is Richard and I thought it was about time I introduced myself. I've been a member of this great site for a while now, but this is my first post :blush:

I used to fish quite a bit with the old man when I was young, but have just been getting right back into for the past year or so, and am loving it. This site is great for friendly tips and information and I have to say a very big thank you to everyone who offers up this info and advice.

I hope to be able to put some reports up soon. (got to actually catch some fish first...last couple of goes haven't been too good :P )

Thanks again and good fishing to all.

Cheers,

Richard

Welcome mate.

Come along to the Bream Social.

Youll meet tonnes of members who will happily share tips. In addition to this you may pick up a deckie spot. The good thing about these events is that once you know more people face to face, it makes getting and sharing info on the site a lot easier.

Cheers mate.

P.S. Then it will onto the Brisbane River Classic at the end of the year!

Angus

G'day Richard and welcome aboard the good ship AFO there are alot of people willing to share advice,or offer decky spots so keep your eyes on the going fishing section and you never know your luck.

Where do you do most of your fishing?

cheers dassa

Thanks for the welcome all,

Just signed up for the bream social. Looks great, but can anyone tell me the actual address/location that everyone is meeting...could just see Gold Coast Broadwater, which is a pretty big area :huh:

have caught a few bream lately on light gear and line (1-4kg rod & 6pd line) and they were great fun. Haven't ever caught one on lures or plastics but love to give it a go.

Most of my fishing is land based atm and have been a few times lately up around Bribie(white patch area) and a few goes at various places around the broadwater.

Have got some photos at home from a trip up to Inskip Point at home, so will try to put them up tonight.

Cheers

hello hello, here is a google map link to where the HQ will be for the bream social =]

/>http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&q=broadwater&sll=-27.964376,153.417807&sspn=0.005553,0.011362&ie=UTF8&t=h&split=1&rq=1&ev=zo&radius=0.42&hq=broadwater&hnear=&ll=-27.964366,153.41668&spn=0.005553,0.011362&z=17

Archived