Recent Fish...

chris_stewart14

Yeah the Tailor is insane... Confession though is I didnt catch it. Was caught by my mate standing 2ft away from me haha.. Did however pose the question how big can they actually get? I suppose much like the illusive 50cm Bream and 60cm Bass - people have always heard of bigger but unfortunately dont have one on a brag mat or tape measure to prove it. No real stories with them as such.. Plastics did the most amount of damage.

Chris

chris_stewart14 wrote:

Yeah the Tailor is insane... Confession though is I didnt catch it. Was caught by my mate standing 2ft away from me haha.. Did however pose the question how big can they actually get? I suppose much like the illusive 50cm Bream and 60cm Bass - people have always heard of bigger but unfortunately dont have one on a brag mat or tape measure to prove it. No real stories with them as such.. Plastics did the most amount of damage.

Chris

Bertie reported on one a year or so back going 1m, some Red Neck pulled it from the Canals

Shame to keep it IMO, especially when it wasn't bled out :dry:

Agreed mate.. Unfortunately this one was slain too as old mate was a Phillipino and keen on taking it home to his family and despite my powers of persuasion it was his fish so he got to choose what to do with it. I considered pitching it back in while he wasn't watching but haha. If I had my way all fish would have a max size limit like lizards but I understand not many would agree with that.

I guess the hardcore C & R balance out the hardcore kill & grill so hopefully we end up somewhere around sustainable.. Hopefully! :dry:

She would have definately bred alot of little Tailor in her time though.. As a mate put it "think of how many alvey geared, yellow raincoat wearing rapists she'd have dodged over the years".. :laugh:

Archived