Opinions please

Yoodles82

I'm trying to help my sister & bro-in-law buy their first boat. They went to waterskiers warehouse at toowoomba to checkout this runabout.

Can you give me you're opinions on cost/brand etc? If you've ridden in a savage before, let me know how they ride etc.

Thanks in advance guys :-)

Nat

Savage Ranger Package

Price: $14500.00

Approx 2000 Savage Ranger 445, boat, trailer, 40Hp Mercury oil injected 2stroke outboard( 2000model), sounder, bimini, radio. Rego expires on boat & trailer 9/10.

33970_large.jpg

G'day nat mate get them to have a look around on boatsales.com.au or boatpoint.com.au just to see what is around in my opinion it may be a little over priced for a boat and motor that is 10 years old.How many hours has the motor done. good luck

cheers dassa

Nat My mate has his boat advertised on boatpoint.He is negioatable on price but it may still be above your budget. The boat is in new cndition with very low hours. If you are interested pm me and Iwill give you his phone number. I do not think that you would find a boat as well looked after as this one.He brought it brand new from Cunninghams and paid well over $20k for it.To see photos do a search on boatpoint for brookers between 15 and 20k

CHeers

Ray

show your interest

Found the boat you want? To find out more on this boat fill out the form to the right.

need insurance?

Buying this boat? Have you considered insurance cost?

get insuranceneed finance?

Do you need a loan to buy this boat? Maybe you should see how much you can borrow by using our boat finance calculator.

get finance

6 photos

BROOKER 460 FREEDOM RUNABOUT

Private Sellermy name* my email* contact number* my location* (select a region) Australian Capital Territory New South Wales Northern Territory Queensland South Australia Tasmania Victoria Western Australia Overseas my comments

* mandatory field

photo gallery BROOKER 460 FREEDOM RUNABOUT

features Make BROOKER

Model 460 FREEDOM RUNABOUT

Hull Year 2007

Metres 4.6

Feet 15.09

Hull Mono

Power Power

Usage Family, Fishing.

Currency AUD

Price $16,500*

Reference Code CM34705

description 40hp 4stroke Mercury Bimini with front & side clear Bilge Pump,27 Meg Radio Rear Seat Box and back rest Safety gear 4 Life Jackets, 2 Paddles,V Sheet,Anchor rope chain and Torch Rear ladder and boarding rail Eagle fish finder Cuda 168 2x25 Liters fuel tanks Spare wheel 86 hours used 9 months Registration on Boat and Trailer As new condition always in garage.

Please confirm information with seller. Please check our terms & conditions for more information. Tips on how to play it safer online

contact details State Queensland

Suburb Redland Bay

Click here to view seller's contact details

Yoodles, my Father-in-law is getting rid of his Quinnie 435 Coastrunner for cheap.

PM me up if you're interested. I'll get a firm price but he offered it to me for around $14K.

REALLY low hours and around $25K brand new. I was thinking about it but it's not "Sportfisher" enough.

the age of the boat doesn't bother me so much if i was looking but i would get the newest motor as long as the boats hull is up to speed and without seeing it first hand the rumrunner model thats for sale on this site i was always impressed with it's ride which a mate of mine had for years and rumrunners boat is in your price range and worth a look at

mark

just saw this boat,its a 4.4mt seaway runabout with a 40 yammy electric start and trim and tilt,sounder bilge pump and so on, its a 2005 with 60 hours on the clock looks a good and tidy boat,well looked after there asking 13500 but should be able to knock them down for cash maybe 12500 there at birkdale and there number is 38224281 dont know if it has sold yet its in the trading post.brad

I only paid $1000 more and got the Savage 4.2m with the same motor brand new. I was first person in the door on first day of boat show a couple of years ago and haggled a good deal I thought.

In my opinion the boat your relos looked at is overpriced for what it is.

What about Brian D's boat? Is it stil around, still for sale? Perhaps search the for sale thread for it and then drop him a line.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the help guys. Turns out we went boat shopping this weekend and picked up a vessel from wynnum marine.

2008 AllyCraft 410 Insider, 2008 40hp 2-stroke direct injection evinrude, sounder & safety gear.... $13K.

It was in very good nick...apparently hit water only a few times - and it looks it too. The trailer rollers weren't even scratched!

The owners are very happy...and will be hitting up somerset with me every now and then.

Cheers

Nat

61024_1579139080328_1291175351_1570832_6389570_n.jpg

bootyinblue wrote:

Smashing looking rig there.

Just one tip, the centre strap is probably really not needed and if continuiing to use it be a little careful with the tension as its pretty easy to pull the sides in over time by tightening it up too much.

Yeah i actually told them about this booty...you can't tell from the pic, but there was some barrels under the strap so it was more to keep them in the boat instead of keeping the boat on the trailer.

I've still gotta get myself some transom straps for my rig tho :-)

Archived