Anchoring Mods.

rayke1938

Just done a mod to make it easier to anchor when I go fishing by myself in my dam boat, Cost me all of $5 for the roller from Active Fabrications at Beenleigh.

Made up a swivelling bracket using some old trailer bits and bolted it to the bow of the boat.

PA080481640x480.jpg

then made up a couple of rope guides out of some scrap ally for the anchor rope to run through.

PA080479640x480.jpg

Attached a rope clam cleat down near my seat.

PA080477640x480.jpg

I store the anchor and rope behind my seat and when I wish to anchor up I just drop the anchor over the side and when enough rope is out I just jam it in the rope jaclam cleat.

This also enables me to easily alter the ammount of rope that I have out whilst fishing. I would say that 60% of fish that I catch are as a result of just moving the boat a little on the anchor rope..

To retrieve I just pull the rope in till the anchor is up to the swivell pulley and motor off.

PA080480640x480.jpg

Copied the idea from Dino plus a few mods of my own.

This is an old one that I do to all my anchors. The chain is attached to the bottom of the anchor and tied to the shaft with a couple of zip ties. If you are snagged you pull hard enough to break the ties and 90%of the time you can pull the anchor backwards.

I also cover the length of the chain with an old bike tube so that the chain doesnt rattle when deploying and retrieving the anchor.

PA080482640x480.jpg

It all looks rough and ready but it works for me.

Cheers

Ray.

good idear with the bike tube ray,it would be great for glass boats may steel that idear.brad

It also prevents the problem of putting the fish off. It used to be a real pain the the proverbial when I used to fish the pin a lot. You woulod be sitting there getting a few fish and someone would come in close and the rattling chain would spook the fish.

Cheers

Ray

Archived