awesome session this mornin

Jordan

it really crushed me that the other day i convinced my little brother and dad that it would be worth getting up at the crack of dawn to go fishing, and we diddnt even catch anything, so this mornin, i decided to take the car and drive further up stream past breakky creek to a boardwalk i saw a few months ago and try there. o the joys of having a license.

stopped off on the way to the spot id got some squire before, but only managed 4 catfish in half an hour, so got to the boardwalk at about 5 am. soon into our first casts, my brother and i each got a fish that looked distinctly like a jew fish, before i got another one the cast streight after (school jew?) they were making a grunting noise, which made me unsure of wether they were jew or not. do jew grunt? anyway it went a little quiet for a while, before line started peeling off my reel and cutting into my fingers. this was a good fish. after a very good and hard fight on my 4lb rod, a nice 37 cm squire was landed. all i had to do now was get my brother his first squire, or at least a decent fish.

at about 6 am things got really good, my brother threw his line out and got a bad wind knot, and the bait landed about a meter out. while untangling his line, of went the bait, and he pulled in a very impressive bream, diddnt think to measure it. he then pulled in 2 nice moses pearch one after the other on the next few cast. far out, i thought. hes getting more fish than i am!. wasnt long, before the drag went of on his very old and tired reel, that sounded o to familiar. a fish pulling this hard just had to be a squire. and it was, way to go jer, his first squire. it was only a littlen, but a squire nonetheless. decided to finish on a high and left pretty soon after that. photos coming soon.

Nice session Jordan. I would almost definately say River Perch. It's rare for School Jew to turn up in numbers in the same spot in the Brisbane River. The River apparently used to be infested with River Perch and it's only now that they are slowly coming back. Looking forward to these pics.

Troy

Hey Jords.

As Troy said mate River Perch sound right.

Some people also call them putty cose perch or grunter perch (for obvious reasons). But yeah you are right, they have a slightly jew but not look about them.

Awesome session all around mate, the river is really fishing well Lased Based at the moment.

Angus

Yeah Lee that would be the other obvious option.

However i think Jordan knows what they are so there would not have been a mix up.

Could be wrong though.

Jords?

Angus

Picture: A nice Brisbane River Grunter Bream from nearby where Jordan was this morning. [img size=373]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/GregGrunter-e55b04a206598f5d964459a1c4824e62.jpg

post-63-144598413922_thumb.jpg

Archived