lures for dummies

Bud

Thought I would post this as I am a bit of a dummy when it comes to lures and all the tx27-45 sort of logo involved. So I thought I would post some pics of my fave lures so therefore you can compare them against yours at home in regards to colour, shape etc. It would be great to also see some other peoples favourite little weapons so that I too can compare and maybe go and buy the same one or one that is of similar appearance. The top three lures are my favourite bass machines. The top one I used to have in gold but lost it at lake ainsworth to what had to be a 10lb bass:whistle: the next two are my fave for jacks. The bottom two are my two cheap and nasties that really do the job on bass. I find they work on wet or overcast day cast into the weeds from a boat or yak. Hope this helps someone and look forward to being helped. Cheers [img size=499]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Bud_fishing_003_AFO.jpg

post-1021-144598414588_thumb.jpg

Top right, Favourite spinner for bass.

Top left, Koolabung fizzer, favourite for bass.

2nd and 3rd from top right, sx40's favourite hardbody for bream.

Bottom right, sx60, favourite big cod and flathead lure.

2nd from top left, hickory, favourite spectating lure.

bottom left, Rex Hunt popper. Favourite cheap lure. [img size=455]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Lures.JPG

post-96-144598414612_thumb.jpg

Top left are my fav's - G-Vibe deeps, older one with paint on the nose, newer one where they have got cheap an no longer paint the nose!

Under that are a pair of little 50mm minnows, unusual in that they are sinkers, but the second you start winding they run in th top 6 to 12 inches of water. Deadly on bass over weed beds.

Top right is a bigger, fatter minnow, in my favourite Barra colours.

Bottom right is a Berkley frenzy smaller version (not very common, take some finding) just a little bit lighter and smaller than a standard G-Vibe or Jackall for when you need to finesse a bit.

GOt heaps of others I like to use, poppers, plastics, deep divers etc, all depending on when and where. But those pictured tend to be first on. [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/all_lures_AFO.jpg

post-134-144598414641_thumb.jpg

It's a zip bait hickory. A bit of a secret lure. It dives down about 2 cms( if even) and you can see the swirls on the surface. It has the worst hook up rate you've even seen tho but when a fish its it, it usual pops up out of the water ant 30cms into the air.

It comes from japan.

Dazz: I have used a very similar lure as the one shown. Took it out of the packet, had one cast that got absolutely hammered and then gone. The leader looked like it was bitten through. But all I can say is one cast to one hook up is a bloody good success rate. ( i don't know why I haven't bought more to try, will have to go and purchase some).

Tim A. Thanks mate. Sounds like an interesting lure that doesn't really produce...just drives you mad with unsuccessful hookups.

Dazzamcgee wrote:

These are a few newbies that have been moved to the top of my favs...

As I will be promoting Prawnstar lures in the very near future..... [img size=355]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/ps_1.jpg

Hey Dazza,

While you promote them, would you mind doing a lil' How to session? :cheer: I've got one of them but have had zero luck :( . Tips on them?

Mate, visit www.primalfishing.com for all the details on how to rig and use Prawnstar Lures...

Theres just to much information to list here......

Also check out some of the hot fishing videos using Prawnstar lures and remember next time your out fishing \"Be the Bait\".....;)

Archived