Some Bass This Morning: 8th January

Angus

Headed out this morning with Boydy and Ryanyoung to chase some bass.

We had a originally scrapped a Mack session which was prob a bad call all things considered as the weather was stunning, till about 9 anyway.

Still it was a sensational day of the water.

The bass in this location are not yet huge, but good fun none the less.

We saw several large toga as well but buggered if we could get them to hit anything...

All in all an awesome morning, much better than sitting around the house wishing the weather was better :)

post-63-144598564817_thumb.jpg

post-63-144598564821_thumb.jpg

post-63-144598564826_thumb.jpg

post-63-144598564831_thumb.jpg

Was great to catch up again Gus, as well as meeting you Boydy. We ran into Adam in between the odd bass and spangled. All up a pretty quiet morning but great to be out. Have since been on eBay to try and find a lure that the toga might like lol!!!

Cheers,

Ryan.

I found some soft plastic frogs that look good mate.

Thanks again for sharing your spot Ryan. I know it wasnt technicaly a secret but I didnt know that road at all :)

Catch up soon as I am sure ill be back there!

Angus

good to see you again boys, we ended up with around 20 or so, no size in them, i think the biggest was around 30.

did miss a surface strike from a toga though (one day ill get him)

adam

Hahaha nice one!

Good to meet you there by accident. Didnt know who it was at a distance, but the AFO shirt stood out well :)

Angus

Well you did better than us wand wavers. I only got three and one was not much bigger than my wholly bugger:).

Those bloody toga are frustrating. Some hot muggy mornings will wake them up hopefully

Ah was that you we saw mate.

I would have come over and said gday.

Wand waving is high up on my lists of to do's for 2011.

Angus

Still on holidays, so weather permitting, I'll be there tomorrow morning!

Angus,

those plastic frogs, are they Zman brand (4 inch Pop FrogZ Elite)? They have a cup face at the front.

I've tried them a couple of times, great action but no hits yet. Would love to get the same design but only around 2 inches long.

Luc

Well you did better than us wand wavers. I only got three and one was not much bigger than my wholly bugger:).

Those bloody toga are frustrating. Some hot muggy mornings will wake them up hopefully

Angus

So you're into frustration and constant disappointment too? Fished next to Dino one day, lure 108, fly 6.:unsure:

Angus

So you're into frustration and constant disappointment too? Fished next to Dino one day, lure 108, fly 6.:unsure:

Ha ha ha! I was seriously thinking about giving wand waving a go too, but how can you argue with those stats? Still, would be good to give it a go at least. Next time I see you down there Nog, I might come over and get the low-down on fly-fishing :P.

I'll agree with Maroon, I've had some absolute blinders out there. Fish a cast sometimes.

Hey I just like the whole deal with fly fishing, making your own flies, making craps casts and sometimes a good one, and the direct contact with the flie as you slowly retrieve it.

and if that doesn't work I just get the gelignite out :)

No worries Ryan, I'll be the one in the gimpy waders from my surf fishing days in Victoria (are you allowed to say that here?)

I'll agree with Maroon, I've had some absolute blinders out there. Fish a cast sometimes.

Hey I just like the whole deal with fly fishing, making your own flies, making craps casts and sometimes a good one, and the direct contact with the flie as you slowly retrieve it.

and if that doesn't work I just get the gelignite out :)

No worries Ryan, I'll be the one in the gimpy waders from my surf fishing days in Victoria (are you allowed to say that here?)

I hope so....I'm Victorian afterall lol.

Archived