wellington point

jeff f

decided on a spur of the moment trip to wellington pt yesterday arvo,didnt check the tides or moon or anything , just needed to fish somwhere different. arrived at 6;30 to a dead low tide and no moon:blush:

headed out past the jetty and couldn't see a thing bar som patches of light in the distance.so putted out in a generally northeasterly direction till i found a bit of a drop off, 2m down to 4.5m and anchored up.the fishing was great fun, john and i got over 30 snapper between 28cm and and 34cm on 2 and 3kg setups all released, many with the hooks still in them as they were absolutely hammering the baits, no bites just smash and run.

got smoked a couple of times by unknown speed demons,

bricked a few times,probably cod,john landed 1 small cod.i lost a huge green back that would have been over 60 cm when he bit the single hook off right at the boat.

i caught the only keepers of the trip 2 bream 30 and 32cm and a 36cm grassy sweetlip wich were dinner tonight.so not a bad trip in the dark to god only knows where.

yea i agree with lozzel, good to see theres still some fish out there. when i went this morning, im not exagurating at all when i say there was not even 30 seconds between a new car and boat arriving at the boatramp, the line was huge as the tide only permitted one boat ramp to be functional. the poor bay is getting it ass kicked. good to see you let most of em go.

Feral wrote:

not a bad trip in the dark to god only knows where.

I reckon thats going to be \"Jeffs Reef\" you know like Lasseter's , going to spend the next 20 years trying to find it again!

nah i reckon i could find it again in the dark, wello pt beacon behind me a certain cluster of lights in front of me, nice straight line till you cross the drop off....now in daylight she might be a different story alltogether

mmmmm......new sounder/gps combo for christmas please santa

Archived