Nova - 10 grand!!

novrain

bahahahahahaahahhahaha yea i was listening to that, how hopeless. she had two rods, a tacklebox and a packet of prawns all supplied, apparently they had even been burlying before hand ahhaha how useless is that, i thought she was fishing off a jetty? either way, that is a sad effort haha im glad she diddnt get anything lol

:o Was it anywhere in the river? Any fish?

Surely, a piece of squid on the bottom would get at least a catfish or ray. If possible, try and catch some live bait (wouldn't spend long getting it) throw that out as well. Whilst you're waiting for that, you can flick a lure around some pylons etc for bream or cod!

I would have thought 30 minutes would be able to at least attract a catfish... If I didn't have anything with the lures in 30 minutes I'd be disappointed too.

Edit: Just read jordans post (which was made as I was typing this post)

the burley they threw in would have most likely drawn the fish away from where she was fishing. The current would have taken the food away, along with the fish.

But even still.. Prawns would be good for a few bream or atleast a catfish, surely!

Post edited by: TerryH, at: 2007/05/24 10:20

throw an unweighted peeled prawn out, if she just had to catch any sort of fish a smallish bream would of nailed it in 30 seconds, they said they could see fish everywhere, and im sure they said they were at some jetty starting with the letter 'b', which makes me sure it was no where near the bris river (cant see 10 cm's down )

Jordan: I spoke to them when they were there.

They were fishing at Bulimba opposite New farm park.

Everyone has suggested exactly what they were doing so go figure??? But hey, we all know the frustration of those for seemingly no reason slow days.

Typical time for Murphy's Law to apply..... When 10K is up for grabs :P

Angus

Archived