to eat or not to eat?

buzzid

hey all,

was wondering if it is safe to eat fish such as bream that have been caught around brekky creek? i've caught many but have never introduced one to my frypan as i often hear people say it can be dangerous due to heavey metals in the fish caused from pollution. any of you folkes been dining on them and not yet grown another head or limb/( my apologees to the tasmanians who may be listening.):blush:

thanks... jamie...

There is a good argument that fishing for reasons other than a feed is not justifiable, anti fishing groups like to dump on sportfishing.

personally i cant see any reason why recreational fishers should have a shot at each other without considering the managers in charge of the decisions and the commercial fishing we all live along side.

Dazzamcgee wrote:

Mate if U do get a few fish from out of the river wait until night time and switch out all the lights and if the fish glow in the dark then don't eat them....:P

:laugh: Good one mate.

Well I've had like 10 catfishes from the river along St Lucia UQ in the last 3 months. Yeah I know, it's gross but hey, I'm Chinese! Catties are supposedly THE dirtiest guys in the river but I'm still standing! On 11 toes! :P

Haha kidding! It's all good mate. The more junk they ingest, they better they taste!

People always say you shouldn't eat fish from the Lower Reaches of the Brisbane River because of heavy metals and stuff. If it's supposed to be that bad then I'm sure the fish from Upper Reaches would have developed AIDS and Typhloids by now.

I say fish are fine anywhere in the River, literally. I know a number of AFO members have eaten fish from the very far Upper Reaches and are still here and there's no side effects.

Troy

Archived