Hops

Hi Guys, My names Ryan Just moved up from victoria

Keen salt water fisho from down south, still waiting on my gear to get sent up here cant wait to get out there, infact I wouldnt know where to start in brisbane so ill be busy reading every body eles'e post to get a taste on what's happening in this part of the world.:)

Hope to learn lots very keen to find some new spots.

Cheers.

The blokes on this site really know what they're on about, I'm sure you'll find an absolute wealth of information, I know they have helped me out ridiculously much! Looking forward to seeing you at a few AFO events, If you're interested in getting into the freshwater scene I definitely recommend getting into the Winter Camp!

Welcome mate, yeah heaps of great people on here and as Tomca said check out the going fishing section, i too am kinda new to Brissy and have been on a couple fishing trips with AFO'ers, both times have been awesome, great guys, great fishin !!!

Thanks for the reply folks , yeah just land based at this stage ill be looking at spending a bit of cash on a kayak this year though, had a mate who had a hobie , pretty keen on getting one one day we shall see how we go.

Hey fella's just looking up catch limits and sizes, couldnt find squid listed can any body shed some light on this for me ....(please tell me you get squid up here ill be pissed if there not!)

Love hitting up the rocks for squid down home.:huh:

G'day Ryan welcome,I can say they are great bunch of blokes here. They put on some great events and social events so come along and good luck on the fishing.

Question for yah what football team do yah follow (if it's the wood duck's go home) :lol: :lol: go the blues

Welcome Ryan, it's exciting have a new play ground, enjoy the area and the site but don't get hung up too much on the salt. While there is a fantastic salt arena is the bay, great off shore grounds and some great tidal rivers, sometimes they are restricted by weather and water so during those times be prepared to discover the fresh waters around.

I have not fished down south but I guess that the fresh water fishing up here is 10 times better. B) (let;s see if that stimulates some comments.

Enjoy the site and the fishing ;)

Dassa, Collingwood would be my team. :cheer:

Brain D, yeah I have never really tried fresh water fishing, done a bit of estuary stuff but mainly port phillip and western port bay is my hunting grounds, keen to try any thing.:)

Archived